Sign in to follow this  
Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Flex4 Demo Projects

Can somebody point me to some Flex4 loadable projects that demonstrate the Gantt Component? I am looking for some good examples as a template to start from and haven't been able to find any on the entire site.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply. Now the real challenge. I took some very simple code from the ChartExplorer link that you sent me and, unfortunately, it doesn't render anything onscreen.

I would challenge you to take the attached Flash Builder 4 project and make it produce the exact same output as the ChartExplorer Gantt sample produces in the link you sent me. Please reattach the working/modified project to this thread so that I and others can see it in action.

Also, can you please let me know where the ChartExplorer Project file is so that I can build it from scratch?

Thanks!

Chart1.fxp.zip

More information for your analysis of my previous posts...

Using the XML below, the Gantt component will only display "no data to display". However, if I remove the tasks section of this XML then the basic chart displays just fine minus the task data. This same behavior exists in Flex3 and Flex4. Since I'm using an evaluation copy of the product, is there some limitation that doesn't allow tasks? There is clearly something different from what I'm testing with and what you have.

If you can get this XML to render the tasks correctly in your test environment, can you zip up a working project including the Flex trial FusionCharts.swf and trial Gantt.swf so I can reproduce here? This is really too simple to not work and I'm feeling like something very simple is not configured correctly.

Also, it is clear we are on radically different time zones (Idaho, USA) so please let me know other things to try so I can get this implemented.

Thanks!

A SOLUTION for those following this thread.

It turns out that on Mac/OSX using FB3 or FB4 and Flash Player 10.1 with Firefox, you CANNOT debug your code as charts will not be displayed. This, of course, is my standard development configuration and thus the reason I was having the problems described above.

However, if you use Safari or Opera, you can debug no problem.

The charts will render fine in Firefox when in production (non-debug) mode.

I would appreciate the FusionChart Development team to better understand why debugging on Firefox Mac doesn't work.

Thanks!

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us.

Your suggestions are always important to us and we will definitely look into the issue.

Keep smiling and keep FusionCharting. :(