stefx

Export as image without web page

Hi to all, it's possibile export a chart as image without opena a web page? I must make in a batch php procedure...

Thanks a lot

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

FusionCharts being a client side based (Flash player based) component, it needs to be rendered at least once at client side to export an image from it.

In case you have a .NET deployment, we have developed an assembly which can achieve the export silently at server side.

But, this is not possible using PHP.

Please revert in case you have further queries.

Hi Stefano,</P><P>FusionCharts being a client side based (Flash player based) component, it needs to be rendered at least once at client side to export an image from it.</P><P>In case you have a .NET deployment, we have developed an assembly which can achieve the export silently at server side.<BR>But, this is not possible using PHP.</P><P>Please revert in case you have further queries.

Hi there,

Can you forward me to a link or send me a project that does a silent server side export of charts in .Net?

Thanks

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Pariyani,

The assembly to save FusionCharts as image at server side is attached with this mail, please check it and let us know whether you got it working or not?

Please Note:

1. To run this assembly at server side (remote), your server must have flash player installed.

2. And you need all three assemblies which are AxShockwaveFlashObjects.dll, ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll and FusionChartsImageSaver.dll, AxShockwaveFlashObjects.dll and ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll are Flash Player wrapper which you can generate by running command

C:\>aximp.exe %SystemRoot%\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx .

3. This assembily is not 64-Bit compatible.

4.Sample_Code.zip file contains the sample application.

I hope this helps.

Sample_Code.zip

FusionChartsImageSaver.zip

It works great!!

Thanks.

Hi Pariyani,

The assembly to save FusionCharts as image at server side is attached with this mail, please check it and let us know whether you got it working or not?

Please Note:

1. To run this assembly at server side (remote), your server must have flash player installed.

2. And you need all three assemblies which are AxShockwaveFlashObjects.dll, ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll and FusionChartsImageSaver.dll, AxShockwaveFlashObjects.dll and ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll are Flash Player wrapper which you can generate by running command

I hope this helps.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We are glad that your issue is resolved.

Keep smiling and keep FusionCharting. :(

This may be a silly question, but I have to ask.

When you say the assembly is not 64-bit compatable, does that mean I can't deploy it to a 64-bit operating system (Windows 2008 R2) even though my .NET application was built for the X86 platform and deployed such that it runs in Windows XP compatibility mode?

Thanks.

Steve

Hi Pariyani,

Please Note:

I hope this helps.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Glad to inform you that the .NET image saver assembly can be deployed to 64 bit operating system , provided you have 64 bit flash player installed in your system.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the confirmation. We updated our server with the 64-bit Beta Flash Player and we're now rendering the charts successfully.

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Glad to inform you that the .NET image saver assembly can be deployed to 64 bit operating system , provided you have 64 bit flash player installed in your system.

Hope this helps.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

Hi Pariyani,

Please Note:

I hope this helps.

Hi, Basundhara

This solution works great for our needs.

We purchased FC a few years ago, and was wondering how do we get a license key to be able to use the server side version you attached, so it'll remove the evaluation banner at the top?

Thanks

Hi, Basundhara

This solution works great for our needs.

We purchased FC a few years ago, and was wondering how do we get a license key to be able to use the server side version you attached, so it'll remove the evaluation banner at the top?

Thanks

Hi Cagg,

You need to buy FusionCharts License to remove the Eval stamp.

+ Now, it also works in 64 bit environment, provided you have 64bit Flash Player.

Hi,

While I was trying with DNN 5+ version, I am getting following error

Message : Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154(REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

Source : FusionChartsImageSaver

Stack:

atFusionCharts.ServerSideHandlerBase.initializeObjects()

atFusionCharts.ServerSideHandlerBase.setParameters(String swfPath, Int32 width,Int32 height, String dataXML, String dataURL, String imageFileName)

atFusionCharts.ServerSideHandlerBase.startProcessThread(Object oSSH)

atSystem.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

atSystem.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCodecode, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContextexecutionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

atSystem.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

I am using VS 2010, on Win7 machine.

If I run the sample seperately, It works, but not inside a DNN module.

Can someone help me?

Also it worked on other machine inside DNN environment.

So seems to be something which I am having setup on VS / Platform etc.

When I tried to search for the errror message mentioned above, I found posts stating to install owc11.exe http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=22276, changeing platform to x86 etc.

I tried the owc11.exe installation, it did not help.

When I am trying the change platform to x86 in VS, I do not see it as stated in for 2005/2008, as I am using 2010.

Please let me know where I am missing.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Hi Abhijit,

The "Class not registered" only occurs, 1. If you do not have Flash Player installed (ActiveX version not Plug-In), 2. If you are compiling you application for 64-Bit but you have 32-bit of Flash Player.

Please go through the above steps and check again.

P.S. Please install Flash Player by visiting Adobe WebSite using IE browser (Internet Explorer) only, this will install ActiveX version of Flash Player.

Hi Rahul,

Thanks, This worked.

Thanks a ton.

I am facing different Issue now.

The chart is expected to be shown with prefix, '%', with numberPrefix="%" property. This is showing the invalid XML data in the rendered image.

If I set numberPrefix="", then chart is rendered fine, but the labels are not shown with the % prefix.

Is there any escape character which I can use to make sure the % gets through and gets rendered in image?

Also, we are facing issues for other characters like '<', '&', etc

Note, it I try the same XML to render client side rendering, it does render the chart without any problem. The problem is occurring only in case of the server side image capture.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Abhijit,

The "Class not registered" only occurs, 1. If you do not have Flash Player installed (ActiveX version not Plug-In), 2. If you are compiling you application for 64-Bit but you have 32-bit of Flash Player.

Please go through the above steps and check again.

P.S. Please install Flash Player by visiting Adobe WebSite using IE browser (Internet Explorer) only, this will install ActiveX version of Flash Player.

I Got it.

I should use %25 to display %.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Hi Rahul,

Thanks, This worked.

Thanks a ton.

I am facing different Issue now.

The chart is expected to be shown with prefix, '%', with numberPrefix="%" property. This is showing the invalid XML data in the rendered image.

If I set numberPrefix="", then chart is rendered fine, but the labels are not shown with the % prefix.

Is there any escape character which I can use to make sure the % gets through and gets rendered in image?

Also, we are facing issues for other characters like '<', '&', etc

Note, it I try the same XML to render client side rendering, it does render the chart without any problem. The problem is occurring only in case of the server side image capture.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Happy FusionCharting!!! biggrin.gif

Now I am having a Less than symbol (<) in the label attribute of category node. But it is coming in the encoded form (<). But when it is passed for generating the image it gives the error of Invalid XML.

Please let me know what should I replace this < (encoded less than) with?

Thanks,

Abhijit

Hi,

Happy FusionCharting!!! biggrin.gif

Hi,

This is working really well, except for couple of issues.

We are facing some issues which occur in flash version of the chart.

We want to use html5/javascript version while generating the image.

Is it possible? If yes then can you share the changes I need to do in this code?

Thanks,

Abhijit

Hi Pariyani,

Please Note:

I hope this helps.

I found answer for this as well..

I need to use %26lt;.

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/advanced/special-chars/SpPunctuation.html

Thanks,

Abhijit

Now I am having a Less than symbol (<) in the label attribute of category node. But it is coming in the encoded form (<). But when it is passed for generating the image it gives the error of Invalid XML.

Please let me know what should I replace this < (encoded less than) with?

Thanks,

Abhijit