Sign in to follow this  
jh_bax

Print Scaling Issues - Printing FusionWidgets from IE Browser

When printing a HLinearGauge the following happens:

1.  When I RIGHT-CLICK and select PRINT, the object prints correctly (correct scale)

2.  When I use the IE BROWSER print button, the object prints small (incorrect scale)

Can you please tell me how I might be able to force the IE BROWSER print, to print my object using the correct scale?

Thanks much.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum. :)

2.  When I use the IE BROWSER print button, the object prints small (incorrect scale)

Can you please tell me how I might be able to force the IE BROWSER print, to print my object using the correct scale?

This is occuring due to the bug of the Flash Player 10.1.

Currently our development team is looking for a fix to the printing issue in IE.

We will inform you as soon we come up with any solution for the issue.

Thanks for your continued patience and patronage.

Hi,

Our developers are still working on the fix of this issue.

We will get back to you as soon we come up with any solution.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

We are facing the same issue - the IE browser prints all the Fusion charts in a small scale.

Is there an ETA for the fix your team is working on? Are there are any temporary workarounds meanwhile?

Regards,

Harish.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Harish,

This is a known issue of Flash Player 10.1 and we have already reported the bug to Adobe.

Also, our developers are working on a fix from our end on this issue.

We will definitely get back to you as soon as possible.

This issue has been discussed in a variety of posts for now over one month.

This standard answer has been given each and every time to users who are more than familiar with the PDLC, interfacing with vendor support for critical situation resolution, etc.  Yet at no time has the userbase's actual question been answered, namely whether an ETA to resolution has been developed, and if so, what that ETA actually is. (translation: actual information rather than a canned answer)

1) Given that it has been more than 30 days and the answer has not changed, are we to conclude that there is no path and no ETA?

2) If there is an ETA, would you consider pinning this or a similar thread to the highest level index page to reduce the cross posting, needless threads, etc.?

3) Most importantly, how can we help?  Is there data we can provide, insights, testing, etc.

Edited by Guest

Hi,

I'll try and reply to your queries.

Since printing is a core Flash Player issue, there is no *direct* fix that we can offer. The direct fix will have to be offered by Adobe, from whom we've not heard despite repeated emails/forum posts.

As for the indirect fixes, we have able to fix printing on Firefox, as you may see at http://www.fusioncharts.com/labs/peek/managed-print/ (using a combination of FusionCharts bitmap export + JavaScript + Canvas). The same runs *very* slow and IE and freezes it. So there are only 2 possible indirect solutions for IE:

- Use FusionCharts v3.2 and render charts using JavaScript renderer (and not Flash)

- If you're hosted on Windows stack, use FusionCharts server-side assembly that can export charts as images. Use images to print.

Update: Adobe has released an update to Flash Player 10.1, which has fixed this problem in IE. We've tested and it works fine. For Firefox, you can use the managed printing feature introduced in v3.2,

I have intalled flash player 10.1.82.76 which is the last version but when i try to print a fusion chart it still reduces the size.

Is there a special upgrade to do?

thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!