steveddei

Chart Export paused in IE8 when off screen

I am exporting all my charts to JPG and saving to the server.

My issue is that in IE (not sure if browser specific) the charts render fine, off-screen, however the export does not start until it is in view on the screen

if I scroll the chart off the page during export, it is paused, then resumes when I scroll it back is to visible view.

Has anyone experienced it or have a way to solve this?

Thanks.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Steve,

Could you please check the version of the Flash Player that you are using?

In case you are using Flash Player 10.1, please note, this is an known issue of this version and we have already reported the bug to Adobe.

Also, we are working for a fix from our end and hope to come with the solution soon. :D

Yes, I am using Adobe Flash 10.1 ActiveX for IE8.

I did notice it actually does export, but takes a long time. I have 7 charts (off-screen) and it rendered after 4 minutes.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

Please try setting the value of the attribute "animation" to '0' in the <chart> element.

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

This is an issue with the Flash Player and the Browser.

Hi,</P><P>This is an issue with the Flash Player and the Browser.

We have the same problem. Cannot export all the graphs unless the user scrolls down to display the graphs on the screen. Simulating the scroll is not acceptable to the end users as it causes confusion to the end user.

Is there an alternate solution? Would this work if the graphs are rendered in HTML5?

Would it be possible to get the bug number, or a link to the bug report for adobe? This is quite an important issue.

Thanks,

-Scipio

Hi,

Please note that natively there is no solution to the issue of exporting the charts which are not in the viewable portion of the browser and needs to be scrolled to view and rendered.

However, we have found out a work-around to this issue. A "scroll.js" file when included in the chart folder would make the browser scroll till the bottom and then go up to allow all the charts to be rendered.

This would alternately let all the charts be exported when the function is called.

Please send us a mail at http://www.fusioncharts.com/contact/ in case you would like to try the "scroll.js" file.

Hope this helps. :D Looking forward to your valuable feedback.