Pallav

Fusioncharts Is Now Ipad Ready!

We are delighted to announce that FusionCharts is now ready for your iPads and iPhones too. Starting v3.2, FusionCharts has HighCharts embedded within it, and offers both Flash and JavaScript (HTML5) charting . The Flash charts are displayed on a majority of devices and the JavaScript charts on devices that do not support Flash, all of it without writing a line of code.

What's new in FusionCharts v3.2?

Along with the JavaScript fallback, FusionCharts v3.2 also brings a lot of other powerful capabilities including:

• Smart Zoom & Pin chart: We have introduced the zoom line chart with a first-of-its type pinning feature that helps you compare non-adjacent data sets by overlaying them on one another.
  • LinkedCharts: Create drill-down charts up to unlimited levels using a single data source without writing a line of additional code. Another first in the industry.
  • JSON Data Support: In addition to XML, FusionCharts now supports JSON data format making it easily work with JavaScript libraries like jQuery and ExtJS.
  • Pareto and Marimekko Charts: FusionCharts v3.2 also introduces the Pareto chart for showing everything 80-20 and the Marimekko chart for marketing analysis purposes.
  • Charts with smarter labels, legends and tool-tips: FusionCharts offers smarter reporting features with with interactive legend, better label management and better printing support.
  • Advanced Chart Programmability: An entirely re-designed JavaScript library to include compatibility for all browsers, advanced event management, extended APIs and a highly stable model.

Learn more about everything new in FusionCharts v3.2 at http://www.fusioncharts.com/ipad/

New & simpler licensing model

With FusionCharts v3.2, we have also introduced a new licensing model to keep it aligned with the changing business needs. It is much simpler as well - A website license is for a website; an Intranet license for Intranet and the like. Learn more about it here.

For our existing customers, the same license that you bought still holds in place. That is, you still have the same license rights as mentioned in your license agreement at the time of purchase. For e.g., if you have a Professional license of FusionCharts v3.1.1 (or before), you are upgraded to FusionCharts v3.2 under the same terms as old Professional license.

Priority Support & Upgrades Subscription

To ensure constant support and upgrades, we have also introduced the FusionCharts Priority Support & Upgrades Subscription. When you subscribe to this, you get the following:

• Personalized support from our widely acclaimed technical support team in 24 working hours
  • Free upgrades to all major and minor releases of the products for which you’ve bought subscription
  • Access to custom charts and business demos that we release time to time
  • Special promotions on purchase of additional FusionCharts products & licenses

You can purchase the subscription here for new licenses, or buy subscription for the old licensing model (3.1.1 or earlier) here.

Download and Upgrades

You can download the no-restriction trial from FusionCharts Download or upgrade your existing version to v3.2 for free here.

As always, we eagerly look forward to your feedback. Please do email them to us at support [at] fusioncharts.com

Happy Charting!

Guest Lucy Amorim

Good morning,

I have downloaded the new version of fusion charts that suports iPhone/iPad. I have done all the steps required for its implementation, but it does not work in iPhone.

I tried adding FusionCharts._fallbackJSChartWhenNotFlash(); statement to the code, but when compiling with visual studio I get the error message:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method - related to the fucntion above.

The fusioncharts.cs does not contais this function.

Might there be a problem with the files I have downloaded?

Hope to hear soon from you concerning this problem.

Thank you,

Lucy Amorim

The new FusionCharts v3.2 JS Library automatically switches to JS rendering for iPhone/iPad. There is no specific need to call FusionCharts._fallbackJSChartWhenNoFlash() method.

Instead of that, try setting FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript') in your page head within a <script type="text/javascript"> block. This forces you to test whether your JS charts are rendering at all or not. Check that your JS charts are rendering fine in normal desktop browsers with the forementioned codes. If it does not, it implies there is some issue with either your JavaScript files.

Also make sure you have the highcharts.js and jquery.min.js placed alongside in the same folder where your FusionCharts.js file resides.

If you still face issues, send us your sample implementation to [email protected] and we will be happy to help.

Edited by Sudipto Choudhury
corrected typo: The correct name of the function is FusionCharts._fallbackJSChartWhenNoFlash()

Hi,

como puedo cambiar de legendposition la leyenda en fusion chart free un aayudita porfa

Could you please specify the issue a bit elaborately?

Please specify the version of FusionCharts that you are currently using?

Awaiting your reply.

Guest anthony

I have a problem with _fallbackJSChartWhenNotFlash function when FLASH-plugin is disabled.

It does not work - IE throws an error saying "incorrect method or property ", other browser does not say anything and also not draw charts.

I thought this function should detect disabled plugin and automaticly switch renderer to "javascript", but this does not happen.

If I disable flash-plugin or remove it I get the following error 25081850 "Error rendering chart. This is possibly caused when there is an issue while accessing the chart container HTMLNode element."

Is there a correct way to determine in common browsers (not iPad) flash is disabled and automaticly switch renderer to "javascript" ?

Thanx!

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

The correct function is: _fallbackJSChartWhenNoFlash()

For more details, please refer to the link : http://www.fusioncha...singPureJS.html

Could you please send us a screenshot or entire code to look into the issue?

Awaiting for the reply.

Edited by Angie

Guest Angie

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

Keep FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

Guest John

Hi!

Here is my question:

If I want to update my chart with new xml-data, should I create new FusionChart instance each time?

Guest John

Can I dynamically change chartReference.options.containerElement ?

F.e. if I want to render the same chart in other div (previous div container has been removed from DOM)

Sir, since you are staff of fusion charts team, so I thought it would be better to ask for help from team staff. I want that you or anyone from your team can make a FLA and SWF standalone files (ie.with JavaScript and XML written inside FLA and SWF file; without using HTML,ASP,PHP... to make them run or render) which is described below:

Main: A FLA and SWF file which contains two fusion widgets with same ranges, one is Hlinear Widget which can be edited during runtime and second is Angular Widget which will show the value of Hlinear Widget SYNCHRONOUSLY on the dial ((( Unlike the example published under "live demos > Rating Meter", which is HTML based and on the top of that, the angular widget dial gets updated only after mouse_release event on Hlinear Widgets ; This inhibiting me to use Fusion widgets in designing simple but synchronous dashboards and play on flash media players )))

Request: I want you to make minimum effort to design the above files (ie only two widgets ,with minimum actionscript, no images or decorations) so that it will consume your time at the least and I will get the solution with that.

Your and your team's help will be very appreciated. :D

I will be waiting for your reply..

-From ##newbie

Guest aquarius

Hi,

Why zoom line chart cannot zoom in/out on iPad? and 3D column chart became 2D column chart?

did you ever got an answer to this question? Thanks!

Guest Shamasis

did you ever got an answer to this question? Thanks!

Column3D turns 2D!? And no zoom on iPad!? Perhaps you are using an old version. Could you re-download the latest version and check? :)

Guest Shamasis

Hi!

Here is my question:

If I want to update my chart with new xml-data, should I create new FusionChart instance each time?

Naah! Simply do a .setXMLData of your original chart. :)

Guest Shamasis

Can I dynamically change chartReference.options.containerElement ?

F.e. if I want to render the same chart in other div (previous div container has been removed from DOM)

Why don't you simply do chartInstance.render('newContainerId') ? i.e. simply call "render" on the chart with the element reference / or id as parameter.

We are using FusionCharts v3.2.2 with prototype (highcharts adapter).

We are facing a performance bottleneck if we have lot of data points on the chart. Page hangs with the error (Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded).

Also page becomes super slow, if the chart has lot of data points. Any idea why this is happening?

Guest Sumedh

Greetings, smile.gif

Could you please confirm, what chart type used?

And how many data plots you are trying to display?

Also, which FusionCharts XT version are you using?

Hope you have a great day. smile.gif

Greetings, smile.gif

Could you please confirm, what chart type used?

And how many data plots you are trying to display?

Also, which FusionCharts XT version are you using?

Hi Sumedh,

Thanks for the quick response. We are using FusionCharts 3.2.2 (MSLine) with tooltips on.

i am attaching the sample Data XML which is causing the browser to hang (Safari).

Thanks

Sher

testXML-1.xml

Guest Sumedh

Hi, smile.gif

I am afraid, I could not find attachment.

Could you please, resend it?

Hi, smile.gif

I am afraid, I could not find attachment.

Could you please, resend it?

Hi Sumedh,

Actually there are couple of scenarios.

Earlier we were using flash version of fusioncharts. Now we have switched to javascript mode.

javascript mode slows down whole page. We have dashboard kind of pages where users can setup as many as 16 charts. flash version is better performing than javascript version.

Also if the datapoints/ no. of series increases it slows down the rendering and whole page is not responsive to events (scrolling etc)

Thanks

Sher

Guest Sumedh

Greetings, smile.gif

The reduction of performance of the chart is mainly to make the JS charts be as intelligent and as visually pleasing and as similar-looking to Flash charts as possible.We are already working on it to improve the performance issue.

We will update you on this, as the performance issues will be fixed.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Greetings, smile.gif

The reduction of performance of the chart is mainly to make the JS charts be as intelligent and as visually pleasing and as similar-looking to Flash charts as possible.We are already working on it to improve the performance issue.

We will update you on this, as the performance issues will be fixed.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Hi Sumedh,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have another concern. Zoomline chart is not working as expected with our setup. I am suspecting below is the reason.

There is some piece of code which extends jQuery's event model (dragstart, dragend etc). Can this part be made generic so that it is compatible with other libraries (prototype with adapter).

Thanks

Sher

Hi Sumedh,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have another concern. Zoomline chart is not working as expected with our setup. I am suspecting below is the reason.

There is some piece of code which extends jQuery's event model (dragstart, dragend etc). Can this part be made generic so that it is compatible with other libraries (prototype with adapter).

Thanks

Sher

Hi Sumedh,

Any update regarding this?

Thanks

Sher

So, your dashboard does not have jQuery? Can you elaborate why you want drag related events be also extended for other libraries?

We are using jQuery 1.2.6, which is not compatible with the FusionCharts' version. We are using prototype with highcharts-adapter for our charting.

Thanks

Sher

Any reason for not upgrading to the least supported jQuery version? I am not seeing the jQuery dependency being extended to any other library anytime soon.

Thinking aloud: since you are using the adapter, you could try adding support for the following events by coding the same within the prototype adapter: "dragstart", "drag" and "dragend". As you have observed, we internally extend jQuery to respond to these pseudo-events. :)