Pallav

Fusioncharts Is Now Ipad Ready!

Any reason for not upgrading to the least supported jQuery version? I am not seeing the jQuery dependency being extended to any other library anytime soon.

Thinking aloud: since you are using the adapter, you could try adding support for the following events by coding the same within the prototype adapter: "dragstart", "drag" and "dragend". As you have observed, we internally extend jQuery to respond to these pseudo-events. :)

Hi shamasis, i am trying to run sample xcode project provided by Fusion chart on iPhone but it is not showing anything in simulator(Error Message : No data to display).

Currently i am getting following data from the URL

{"request":{"parameters":{"period":"7","q":"html5","slice":"86400"},"response_type":"json","resource":"searchhistogram","url":"http://otter.topsy.com/searchhistogram.json?period=7&q=html5&slice=86400"},"response":{"histogram":[2863,1783,2247,2864,3105,3476,3910],"period":7,"count_method":"target","slice":86400}}Tools used: Xcode 4.2 and iPhone Simulator 4.2

Hi shamasis, i am trying to run sample xcode project provided by Fusion chart on iPhone but it is not showing anything in simulator(Error Message : No data to display).

Hello Rajat,

At a generic level (not pertaining to just iOS), "No data to display" happens when you set incompatible data type for a chart and when (very evidently) there is no data to display! For example if you set single-series data for a multi-series chart, etc. What chart are you rendering and can you post a sample data you are providing to it?

Nevertheless, I am notifying someone who is more iOS savvy to tap into this. :)

Guest Rishi Choudhari

Hi,

As Shamasis has already said, FusionCharts shows the "No Data to Display" error message when the data supplied is incompatible with the chart type being used.

The response you're getting from the Topsy API is also correct.

Make sure the chart type being used is a single-series chart

Try adding an NSLog statement just after the XML is constructed (before we release dateFormatter).

Please post the log here; I'll help you out.

Currently i am getting following data from the URL

{"request":{"parameters":{"period":"7","q":"html5","slice":"86400"},"response_type":"json","resource":"searchhistogram","url":"http://otter.topsy.com/searchhistogram.json?period=7&q=html5&slice=86400"},"response":{"histogram":[2863,1783,2247,2864,3105,3476,3910],"period":7,"count_method":"target","slice":86400}}Tools used: Xcode 4.2 and iPhone Simulator 4.2

Any reason for not upgrading to the least supported jQuery version? I am not seeing the jQuery dependency being extended to any other library anytime soon.

Thinking aloud: since you are using the adapter, you could try adding support for the following events by coding the same within the prototype adapter: "dragstart", "drag" and "dragend". As you have observed, we internally extend jQuery to respond to these pseudo-events. :)

Hi,

We are facing another issue, where tooltips are not shown on the points where we are hovering. Please have a look at the attached graph. It is way off if there are spikes.

Thanks

Sher

post-27532-0-63800200-1332194238_thumb.png

Hi,

We are facing another issue, where tooltips are not shown on the points where we are hovering. Please have a look at the attached graph. It is way off if there are spikes.

Thanks

Sher

This is somewhat intended. Since we have a "sticky" tooltip that does not travel with mouse movement, it needs to be rendered a bit away from the point where it is being hovered, so that it does not hinder from hovering over other nearby points.

The new FusionCharts v3.2 JS Library automatically switches to JS rendering for iPhone/iPad. There is no specific need to call FusionCharts._fallbackJSChartWhenNoFlash() method.

Instead of that, try setting FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript') in your page head within a <script type="text/javascript"> block. This forces you to test whether your JS charts are rendering at all or not. Check that your JS charts are rendering fine in normal desktop browsers with the forementioned codes. If it does not, it implies there is some issue with either your JavaScript files.

Also make sure you have the highcharts.js and jquery.min.js placed alongside in the same folder where your FusionCharts.js file resides.

If you still face issues, send us your sample implementation to [email protected] and we will be happy to help.

Hi, I am facing the same issue. I want to use the FusionCharts._fallbackJSChartWhenNoFlash() method so that if a customer does not have Flash installed, regardless of their PC platform or browser, that it will fall back on JavaScript mode. I am getting an error all browsers that FusionCharts._fallbackJSChartWhenNoFlash() is not a defined function. I have jquery-min.js in the same directory has FusionCharts.js. All other aspects of the charts function properly. Also FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript') functions properly, but I do not want to always been in JavaScript mode, just for those customers who don't have Flash installed.

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

The correct function is: _fallbackJSChartWhenNoFlash()

For more details, please refer to the link : http://www.fusioncha...singPureJS.html

Could you please send us a screenshot or entire code to look into the issue?

Awaiting for the reply.

Hi, I am using the correct function, but it gives me the following error. See screenshot from Firebug attached.

post-10170-0-16709700-1334676392_thumb.jpg

Guest Sumedh

Hi, I am using the correct function, but it gives me the following error. See screenshot from Firebug attached.

Hi,

There is no need to use this function. FusionCharts gives you the option of either using automatic fallback, wherein the charts figure out the best mode of rendering (either Flash or JavaScript, based on availability of Flash Player), or lets you configure whether to render charts exclusively using JavaScript.

If you are already using FusionCharts and wish to add JavaScript fallback, you just need to replace the old SWF and JavaScript files with the new ones - without changing a single line of code.

For more information, please refer the following link:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/Introduction/JSChartingCapabilities.html