Pallav

Help... Chart render error....sometimes

Hello there. We are using the Bar2D chart and sometimes in IE, the chart does not render properly. All the text is chrushed together and there is no bars at all.

I will attach our xml. This only happens in IE. IE 7 mostly.

xml.txt

I believe I am experiencing something similar with MSColumn3DLineDY.swf

http://www3.sympatico.ca/greg.bingleman/report.html

I've put 2 copies of the same graph here with a couple of tables in between. What I'd like is for the graph to be on the bottom, but it does not display properly when there are a lot of lines above it. If I manually select Rewind and Play, then the graph loads correctly. Also, if I set 'Run ActiveX controls and plugins' property to 'Prompt' (instead of Enable) the chart loads properly.

I am using IE 6.0.2900.2180 on Windows XP Home with all the latest updates.

I have attached a partial image of what the bottom graph looks like when it doesn't display correctly.

I thought perhaps that I could do the Rewind and Play programatically, but I don't know what property (if any) of the chart is exposed for that purpose.

post-983-128441564769_thumb.gif

Hi,

Please make sure that:

1. You're using FusionCharts JavaScript class to embed the charts.

2. You're not specifying the chart width and height in %, but in pixels (and without appending px at the end of numeric values).

Hi,

My problem is the same as described before, and happened just in IE, in FF - all right.

Please see the attached screenshots, once it rendering fine and once wrong (not consistently!)

The screenshots, are the same chart, same data, same all (reload data by Ajax).

I am sure that:

1. FusionCharts is HTML base with embed tag.

2. Charts width and height is specifying the in pixels (and without appending px at the end of numeric values).

Am using the licensed! version.

Please provide some workaround if you don't have a solution.

Thanks,

Michael

post-996-128441565262_thumb.jpg

post-996-128441565268_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

Michael,

If you're using direct HTML code to embed the charts, do add ?chartWidth=w&chartHeight=h [replace w,h with values] in the Flashvars. Or, it's better to use the FusionCharts JavaScript class to embed the charts.

Hi,

Thanks for help, here (in attachement "chart_html.xml" ) is my chart implementation,

where I need to set those ?chartWidth=w&chartHeight=h vars? Or in my case it is should work as in your examples?

Tanks again,

Michael

chart_html.xml

This also happens in Safari. If the graph renders outside of where your window is currently positioned, it will render improperly like the previous posters showed, unless you use the javascript imbed

Edited by Guest

I am experiencing the same exact problem and have to set width="360" height="310" or whatever number.  The chart renders all mushed together except a few words of the caption are visible, but no chart renders.

IE7, FP9, FC3Enterprise. 

The only fix is to manually "Rewind->Play".

-D

Hi,

Could you please try rendeing the chart(s) after the HTML page rener is comeplete?

can use this code:

<script type="text/javascript">

if (window.addEventListener)

{

window.addEventListener("load", creatreChart, false);

}

else if (window.attachEvent)

{

window.attachEvent("onload", createChart);

}

function createChart()

{

var chart = new FusionCharts("Column2D.swf?noCache=" + new Date().getMilliseconds(), 'ChartId', '100%', '275', '0', '0');

chart.setDataXML("<chart><set value='10'/></chart>");  

chart.render("chartdiv");

}

</script>

Hi,

This fix helps, as it reduces the amount of times the chart does not render properly, but it still happens occasionally. For some users, it's as much as 25% of the time.

It seems like when it happens, it is usually trying to render the chart too soon, as the image pops up much faster than when the properly rendered chart appears.

Is it possible to detect a bad render programmatically and force a re-render?

Thanks

Tim

Tim,

There's no way to programatically detect it - the only way to solve it for sure is to NOT use % width/height, but use pixel width/height.

Hello ShadesOfGrey,

I have the same problem with IE browser.

Have you find a solution ? I nedd help :)

Thanks