dfilip

Number Truncation On X-Axis

Dear Fusion Support,

My client has requested that numbers not be "scaled" to K (Kilo) and M (Mega), but that we display the full number as-is on some charts.

I have used formatNumberScale='0', which does indeed get rid of the scaling to K and M. However, in every single chart, the last digit of the last X-axis value gets truncated. If I make the chart wider, the chart gets, well, wider, but the number still gets truncated.

Assuming that I don't want to slant the X-axis values, or make them vertical, what can I do in order to make sure that the last (right-most) X-axis value does not get truncated on the chart?

Thanks,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

The long X-axis labels actually hides below the canvas, and not gets truncated, when it exceeds the allotted space. In case you wish to show them perfectly, you need to rotate the labels.

The lstest version of FusionCharts, i.e, FusionCharts v3.2.1 supports ellipses for long labels and shows the entire label on tool-tip when the mouse is hovered over the particular label.

Please refer to the following link for a clear idea of the ellipses.

http://www.fusioncharts.com/Gallery/Category.asp?Stacked

Also, please try downloading the latest version, i.e, FusionCharts v3.2.1 to avail the upgraded features, with the help of the following link.

http://www.fusioncharts.com/Download.asp

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Dave,

The long X-axis labels actually hides below the canvas, and not gets truncated, when it exceeds the allotted space. In case you wish to show them perfectly, you need to rotate the labels.

The lstest version of FusionCharts, i.e, FusionCharts v3.2.1 supports ellipses for long labels and shows the entire label on tool-tip when the mouse is hovered over the particular label.

Please refer to the following link for a clear idea of the ellipses.

http://www.fusioncharts.com/Gallery/Category.asp?Stacked

Also, please try downloading the latest version, i.e, FusionCharts v3.2.1 to avail the upgraded features, with the help of the following link.

http://www.fusioncharts.com/Download.asp

Hope this helps. :)

Well, it would be better if we could get the values to display properly, say by extending the right-most whitespace on that chart, but it sounds like that is not possible?

I've discussed the label rotate/slant with my client, and they are not thrilled with the idea, but I think they will live with it. However, I can't seem to get the labels to rotate+slant. The labels are still displaying horizontal, and the last value is being truncated (ok, hidden):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<chart caption='Giving (US$)'
paletteColors='DC6900,E58F40,EDB47F,F6DABF,FBF0E5'
bgColor='FFFFFF'
numberSuffix=''
toolTipBGColor='DC6900'
toolTipBorderColor='FFFFFF'
seriesNameInToolTip='0'
showBorder='0'
xAxisName=''
yAxisName=''
showValues='0'
labelDisplay='Rotate'
slantLabels='1'
formatNumberScale='0'
showLegend='1'
legendBorderColor='FFFFFF'
legendShadow='0'
legendPosition='BOTTOM'
canvasBorderColor='FFFFFF'
showAlternateHGridColor='0'
showAlternateVGridColor='0'
plotGradientcolor=''
logoURL=''
logoPosition=''
logoAlpha=''>
<styles>
<definition>
	<style name='myToolTip' type='font' font='Arial' size='12' color='FFFFFF'/>
</definition>
<application>
	<apply toObject='ToolTip' styles='myToolTip'/>
</application>
</styles>
<categories>
<category label='FY10'/>
<category label='FY09'/>
<category label='FY08'/>
</categories>
<dataset seriesName=''>
<set value='53500000' toolText='53,500,000' label='53,500,000'/>
<set value='54000000' toolText='54,000,000' label='54,000,000'/>
<set value='51000000' toolText='51,000,000' label='51,000,000'/>
</dataset>
</chart>

Any ideas? I've tried specifying the label in the set value and not (permitting Fusion Charts to use the value), spelling rotate both 'Rotate' and 'ROTATE' (not sure if case matters, but I see it spelled both ways in the on-line doc), and have tried specifying either just labelDisplay='Rotate' or just slantLabels='1', and nothing I've tired seems to work: the labels keep displaying horizontally.

Please advise. Also, this is a bar chart, if that helps.

Thanks,

Dave.

Edited by dfilip