SeeThePicture

Zooming And Scrolling In Iphone And Ipad

What is the current challenge that prevents scrolling charts and zooming into fusioncharts/highcharts when using iPhones and iPads? Here is a link that you can try with your iPhone or iPad.

The iPhone/iPad demo shows that you can swipe inside of an object without moving the same. How far are we from also being able to pinch in and out?

It would be great to provide a way for users to swipe and pinch fusioncharts/highcharts inside of iPhone and iPad applications. What are your thoughts on this? Might we ever see this ability in future releases of fusioncharts or its Javascript renderer?

Oh yes! We are definitely looking into it.

What are your thoughts into the multi-touch JS events? And perhaps a graceful fallback for single-touch devices? :)

Oh yes! We are definitely looking into it.

What are your thoughts into the multi-touch JS events? And perhaps a graceful fallback for single-touch devices? :)

My thoughts? It gets me excited about FusionCharts' future. It makes me think, "Why would FusionCharts consider dedicating engineering resources to enable interaction via single and multi-touch JS events? Is FusionCharts planning to meet the requirements of the mobile app market?"

I would love to create an iPhone app that features FusionCharts. I am unfortunately unable to see if there are obstacles ahead. If an iPhone app exists using FusionCharts, let me know. I would like to buy, download and try it immediately.