Sumeet

Fusion Charts On Android

Hi,

I have been trying to get the Fusion Charts to work on Android 2.2 (emulator). I believe Fusion Charts 3.2 is able to render the charts in html5 javascript in case the flash plugin is not installed.

Currently I am getting an error when I am loading the page in the embedded browser (WebView) and causes the application to crash. However the html file works correctly on Google Chrome browser.

Has anyone run Fusion Charts on the Android device / emulator before? Can Fusion charts run on Android itself?

Regards,

Sumit

Hi,

I am developing android application and want to use funsion chart at client side for charting.

Can Fusion Charts on the Android device / emulator before? Can Fusion charts run on Android itself?

Is it possible? if so can anyone share the sample example how to create chart using fusion chart in android application.

How can I create chart by using webwiew?

Please reply me ASAP.

Thanks & Regards.

Hi,

I am developing android application and want to use funsion chart at client side for charting.

Can Fusion Charts on the Android device / emulator before? Can Fusion charts run on Android itself?

Is it possible? if so can anyone share the sample example how to create chart using fusion chart in android application.

How can I create chart by using webwiew?

Please reply me ASAP.

Thanks & Regards.

Till now no reply :( . It's very frustating. I want to buy licence for this.

someone from fusion chart admin team should confirm on this.

Can Fusion Charts on the Android device / emulator before? Can Fusion charts run on Android itself? Does fallback mechanism will also work for android if adobe is missing on android device.?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by anugil

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

First of all, apologies for the delay in reply.

Please find attached Android 2.2 native Application with FusionCharts (Flash based) in it.

The Android application is build using Eclipse.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

FusionCharts_Android22_Project_apk.zip

Dear Angshu,

Thanks for reply and sharing code

Some quick question :

1. Does fallback mechanism will also work for android if adobe is missing on android device.? On the emulator it displays flash not installed.

If adobe player in not installed then will it work on the device or emulator through fallback mechanism(HTML5/jsp)

2. One more confusion in the code I found that phonegap lib is used( phonegap.0.9.5.jar )

We are planning to use fusion chart into our client project so do we need to buy only fusion chart licence or anything else too.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks once again.

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

First of all, apologies for the delay in reply.

Please find attached Android 2.2 native Application with FusionCharts (Flash based) in it.

The Android application is build using Eclipse.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

Someone from fusion chart admin team should confirm on this:

I want to purchase fusion chart licence for charting on android platform:

Want to confirm on this:

1. Will Fusion Charts be able to render the charts in html5 javascript in case the flash plugin is not installed. ? (if yes then on which Android version?)

Does fallback mechanism will work for android if adobe is missing on android device.? On the emulator it displays flash not installed.

If adobe player in not installed then will it work on the device or emulator through fallback mechanism(HTML5/jsp)

2. One more confusion in the code which is shared by Angshu found that phonegap lib is used( phonegap.0.9.5.jar )

We are planning to use fusion chart into our client project so do we need to buy only fusion chart licence or anything else too. ?

Waiting for confirmation to proceed further.

Thanks.

Edited by anugil

Still looking for ans.:

1. Will Fusion Charts be able to render the charts in html5 javascript in case the flash plugin is not installed. ? (if yes then on which Android version?)

Does fallback mechanism will work for android if adobe is missing on android device.? On the emulator it displays flash not installed.

2. One more confusion in the code which is shared by Angshu found that phonegap lib is used( phonegap.0.9.5.jar )

We are planning to use fusion chart into our client project so do we need to buy only fusion chart licence or anything else too. ?

Any idea/suggestion ?

Thanks.

Hi

I am a new bee just into android development. I wanted to render fusioncharts in android 2.2 where flash plug in is not available.

I tried to use simple javascript and other html5 techniques to do so. But failed to render the chart using WebView. Let me know how to proceed ASAP.

my code follows :

<html>

<head>

<title>My First chart using FusionCharts - Using pure JavaScript

</title>

<script type="text/javascript" src="FusionCharts/FusionCharts.js">

</script>

</head>

<body>

<div id="chartContainer">FusionCharts will load here!

<script type="text/javascript">

<!--

FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript');

var myChart = new FusionCharts("Pie2D.swf?dataURL=Data.xml","myChartId", "560", "400", "0", "1");

myChart.setDataURL("Data.xml");

myChart.render("chartContainer");

// -->

</script>

</div>

</body>

and the java class as -

@Override

public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {

super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

etContentView(R.layout.main);

web=(WebView)findViewById(R.id.webView1);

web.loadUrl(file:///android_asset/www/index.html);

}

}

And main.xml as :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<LinearLayout xmlns:android="

http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"

android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent"

android:layout_height="fill_parent">

<TextView android:layout_width="fill_parent"

android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/hello" />

<WebView android:id="@+id/webView1" android:layout_width="match_parent"

android:layout_height="match_parent"></WebView>

</LinearLayout>

Thanks in advance

Sneha

Hi,

I am afraid, the JavaScript version of FusionCharts is currently not supported by Android 2.2. :(

However, since Android 3, both the Flash version (in presence of Flash Player) and the JavaScript version of FusionCharts would be supported.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi,

I am afraid, the JavaScript version of FusionCharts is currently not supported by Android 2.2. :(

However, since Android 3, both the Flash version (in presence of Flash Player) and the JavaScript version of FusionCharts would be supported.

Hope this helps. :)

But Even the Flash version did not work for me in android 2.2 with the above code. Do I need phonegap for it??

I am using Galaxy tab

Thanks

Sneha

Hi Sneha,

You do not require PhoneGap.

All you would need is to load the HTML files in the WebView and the HTML should be running correctly.

OK .. thank you.. Let me try with it. Do you have any sample code/project or tutorial on the same which wud help me a lot.

Edited by Sneha S

I realize this is an older thread, but I am having troubles with the workaround listed below. I have it working with the exception that I have a "FusionCharts - HighCharts" watermark on the chart itself. Is there anyway to get licensed copies of the required fallback js files?

1. FusionCharts works in all Android Web browsers which has Flash Player support. Presently Devices with Android 2.2 or above + Flash Player support FusionCharts.

Android 3.x (honeycomb) supports FusionCharts JavaScript fallback fully, where Flash Player is not installed.

As of now, for all devices lower to 3.x, without Flash Player, there is a workaround. One needs to replace the highcharts.js (2.x) supplied with FusionCharts by older highcharts.js (1.x).

We have created a small extension of FusionCharts that gracefully handles this replacement of older HighCharts for all Andorid devices lower than 3.x which do not have Flash Player.

You can see it in action at: http://www.fusioncha...modulefallback/

2. The sample provided by Angshu was using PhoneGap library. PhoneGap is used just to showcase how easy it can be. However, PhoneGap does not come as part of FusionCharts. It was used just to showcase FusionCharts as well as PhoneGap (thanks to the PhoneGap team for this wonderful library). You can use your own library buying FusionCharts license, which provides you with the chart swf and FusionCharts related JavaScript libraries.

Hope this helps.

I tried them first and they directed me to the files that I already have. I have the licensed js files for XT service release 2. I specifically need the licensed version of the above mentioned "fallback" files. Do they exist?

Hi,

Please drop in a request on [email protected] to get licensed .js files.

Thanks,

Sumedh

Guest Sumedh

By licensed files we mean that the customer should have purchased FusionCharts XT.

After purchasing, you would get the requisite files which don't have the watermark on them.

You would need to replace the trial JavaScript files with the ones that you got after purchasing. Clearing your browser's cache is also an important step.

If you have already paid for FusionCharts XT, and still have the watermarked charts, then please let us know at [email protected] or at [email protected]. We will set things right for you immediately.

I tried them first and they directed me to the files that I already have. I have the licensed js files for XT service release 2. I specifically need the licensed version of the above mentioned "fallback" files. Do they exist?

Hi,

I am in need of a solution to run fusion charts on android 2.3 device, but the above mentioned code in index.html doesn't run on android emulator which says flash not installed. Please can anyone in fusion charts admin team help me out. However when i directly copy and run FusionChartsUsingPhoneGap.apk file from bin folder, the chart gets displayed. Can anyone please help me out with code, how to run fusioncharts on android2.x devices.

I will really appreciate your help!!!

Thanks,

Rohit Dhanwal

Edited by Rohit Dhanwal