Sign in to follow this  
Dev Guy

Sharepoint Rendering Issue

Hello,

Recently we installed fusion charts on sharepoint 2007. On the root site everything works fine, but on the subsites like root/sites/pagename it shows the chart in the building process through the wizard but once i click finish and hit f5 to refresh the page after publishing it always shows "No Data to Display" ( We are using a sharepoint list as a data source. )

I checked the fusion error logs and i see the following.

at InfoSoft.Sharepoint.FusionCharts.Business.WebService.GetChartXml(String webPartId)

at InfoSoft.SharePoint.FusionCharts.WebServiceHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

rootsitename/layouts/FusionCharts/WebService.ashx?GetChartXml=g_647678af_e1ae_4ff4_b632_bd0f5ee22d49

Any idea's would be great. Could it be a permissions thing?

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Our developers are looking into the issue and will get back to you very soon.

Happy FusionCharting! biggrin.gif

Hi,

I am afraid, currently FusionCharts for SharePoint works only in Root Site. We'll soon release an updated version which will work on Sub Site too.

Thanks so much for confirming. Any idea on time frame?

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

We will try to fix this issue in our next release.

Thanks for your continued patience and patronage.

It seems this issue has been reported in two different places in this forum, but without the developers spotting the connection, as I was not asked during the diagnosis of my problem at the link below to confirm whether or not I was working in a root site collection.

http://forum.fusioncharts.com/topic/8187-fusioncharts-for-sharepoint-beta-impression/

It's essential that we have a product that works successfully outside a root site collection in SharePoint, otherwise it's of no use to the majority of our users.