Abhilash

Javascript Rendering Issues In Ipad

Hi,

I am using FusionChart 3.2.1. The charts loads correctly in flash, but when used in iPad I am facing the following issues:

1. The property labelDisplay='WRAP' is not working. When the x axis labels are big, the label comes as wrapped in flash but in iPad it is coming without wrapping.

2. I am calling a javascript function on click of bar chart. In flash, the function is getting called on single click, but in iPad, I have to double click on the chart. Single click displays the value. Is there a way to get the javascript function to be called on single click?

Please find the xml and html attached.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks in advance..

Abhilash

CombiDY2D1.xml

CombiDY2D1.html

Hi Abhilash,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! :)

1. The property labelDisplay='WRAP' is not working. When the x axis labels are big, the label comes as wrapped in flash but in iPad it is coming without wrapping.

I am afraid, the JavaScript charts does not support the attribute "labelDisplay", as of now. :)

As a work-around, please try using the line break "<br>" to display long labels in multiple lines, explicitly.

Ex: <category label="20-Dec-10 <br>04:00"/>

2. I am calling a javascript function on click of bar chart. In flash, the function is getting called on single click, but in iPad, I have to double click on the chart. Single click displays the value. Is there a way to get the javascript function to be called on single click?

I am afraid, I am unable to replicate the issue. The alert set is displaying perfectly on-clicking the data-plots. Please refer to the attached screen-shot for your reference.

Please make sure that you have done the following:

1. Flash Player Global Security settings enabled, if you are running the application from local file system (C:\ or D:\) and not from web server (local or live).

Flash Player's Global Security setting blocks invoking/calling JavaScript from SWF (Flash Movie) by default. So you need to reset your setting into Global Security Setting panel and enable it.

Please refer to the following link to enable the Flash Player Global Security settings:

http://www.macromedi..._manager04.html

2. The "RegisterWithJS" (the last parameter) parameter is enabled in the HTML code.

Ref.- var chart1 = new FusionCharts("../../FusionCharts/Column3D.swf", "chart1Id", "400", "300", "0", "1");

Hope this helps. :)

post-8144-050301000 1293690550_thumb.jpg

Hi Abhilash,

Are you using server side rendering? I am having an issue of no x-axis labels while I use javascript rendering from server side.

Are you getting similar issue?

Hi Chetan,

Thanks For your post.

Please make sure that you are using the latest JavaScript Files.

If still the issue exist then please send us the XML for the chart generated in your server side code.

Ipad user interface detect mouse over for the first tap and click for the next tap. This is an internal behavior of ipad browser to get the usability of mouse over and mouse click event without a mouse.

I am using the latest javascript files what I got from licenced Version 3.2 . Where can I get the latest javascript files.

I am attaching view of HTML rendered graph vs flash rendering of same XML.. Also find the attached XML text. Chart used is MSCombiDY2D.swf

Please give the feedback asap. Need to launch the version for iPad on priority basis.

Hi Chetan,

Thanks For your post.

Please make sure that you are using the latest JavaScript Files.

If still the issue exist then please send us the XML for the chart generated in your server side code.

Ipad user interface detect mouse over for the first tap and click for the next tap. This is an internal behavior of ipad browser to get the usability of mouse over and mouse click event without a mouse.

post-10473-0-86589700-1311884395_thumb.png

custviewXMLREv.txt

post-10473-0-32719800-1311884844_thumb.png

Javascript upgrade solved the problem.

It would be great if the licensed users are notified about the available upgrades.

Thanks,

Chetan Patel

Hi,

This issue has been fixed. Please send us your Order ID at [email protected] quoting this forum thread link and we would get back to you with the solution to this.

Looking forward to your feedback. :)

Hi Chetan,

Glad that your issue is resolved. :)

Please note that this is not the final upgrade. This is the Beta version (which are still in process) which is temporarily given to the licensed customers on request.

This would be officially released with FusionCharts v3.2.2, which is hope to be released by the next quarter.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Happy FusionCharting! :)