Guest Rajroop

Fusioncharts For Sharepoint Beta Impression

Guest Rajroop

Dear Users,

We proudly announce the release of FusionCharts for SharePoint in beta. FusionCharts for SharePoint helps you create interactive & data-driven charts in SharePoint, without having to write a line of code. The charts are created using a wizard and can connect to various data sources such as SharePoint Lists, CSV, MS SQL, Oracle, Excel & BDC. You can add drill-down and export capabilities to each chart and configure both cosmetic and functional aspects.

You can download the fully-functional version from www.fusioncharts.com/sharepoint - we would love to have your feedback on this. Please post your suggestions and any bugs as replies to this forum thread.

The install, configuration, etc.. went very smooth. However, when I click "Publish" the charts now say "No Data to Display" After configuring, the webpart shows data, until that button is pressed.

I thought it could be because I am running some Jquery already, but I removed that code, and still no luck.

I'm using a Sharepoint List as the data source (but I also tried SQL and Oracle just to rule that out).

Any thoughts?

Edited by Matt Jensen

The install, configuration, etc.. went very smooth. However, when I click "Publish" the charts now say "No Data to Display" After configuring, the webpart shows data, until that button is pressed.

I thought it could be because I am running some Jquery already, but I removed that code, and still no luck.

I'm using a Sharepoint List as the data source (but I also tried SQL and Oracle just to rule that out).

Any thoughts?

I have the web part displaying now, and it looks really good. However, you must be logged in to see it (even after publishing). Is this by design? The page errors out if not logged in.

The error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] FusionCharts.SharePoint.Charts.Business.Security.SecurityManager.HasPermissions() +475 FusionCharts.SharePoint.Charts.FusionChartWebPart.CreateWebPartMenu() +60 Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPart.OnWebPartMenuCreate(Object sender, EventArgs s) +57 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Edited by Matt Jensen

I get exactly the same error.

Using SharePoint Foundation 2010 and the Fusioncharts wizard works OK and allows me to link to a SharePoint List and to preview my chosen chart type. Upon hitting Finish the chart displays correctly on the page, but as soon as I navigate away and return or even just refresh the page view I get "No Data to Display".

If I go back into the wizard the chart and the list connection is still there and is shown in the wizard preview pane, but it simply won't render properly once I exit the wizard.

I have already logged a support call for this, and I am just waiting for a response.

Hi All,

Thank you for your participation in FusionCharts for SharePoint beta.

We are working on to fix these issue, and will update you once it is fixed and released.

Meanwhile I request you all to please post the Stack Track information of the error that you are getting, this will be really helpful for us to debug the issue.

You can follow the steps given below to get the stack trace:

Browse to http://<sharepoint server>/Lists/FusionCharts_LogList/AllItems.aspx (see Screen 1)) with error and details by error (select “View Item” in row in log list (Screen 2 and 3))

Screen 1:

post-1758-068132900 1294997030_thumb.png

Screen 2:

post-1758-026929400 1294997037_thumb.png

Screen 3:

post-1758-090078200 1294997043_thumb.png

Guest Angie

Hi,

Our Developers are working on it and will get back to you very soon.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

this is a great webpart. i was using the fusion charts for free webpart for charting, but these takes it to a new level. i hope the bug gets fixed soon.

are you guys planning on licensing it once its out of beta, if so can you guys give me an estimate on enterprize licensing.as we have to budget this now for next year.

Any news yet on the bug fix, or at least an expected resolution date?

Unfortunately. it looks like we may have to look for another product for SPF 2010 as we have a deadline to meet, whch is a pity because your webpart is easily the best I've seen.

Any news yet on the bug fix, or at least an expected resolution date?

Unfortunately. it looks like we may have to look for another product for SPF 2010 as we have a deadline to meet, whch is a pity because your webpart is easily the best I've seen.

I hear ya. It's been nearly 3 weeks, and all I've received are contacts on buying the software and asking what SP platform I have (which is both).

I think we will start searching for another solution, but agree with your statement at the ease of the webpart. It's quite promising, but it seems like they arent in any hurry to remedy.

We've got MOSS 2007 Standard on Windows 2003 (32-bit) and SPF 2010 on Windows 2008 (64-bit) and have tried the revised code on both.

MOSS 2007 works OK.

SPF 2010 still exhibits the same error as before, ie, I can connect to a list, display the data in a chosen chart, preview works OK and intiially the chart seems to be OK on hitting Finish. However, refreshing the page only displays "No data to display", even though going back into the wizard reveals that the chart is still there - it just won't display outside the wizard.

I'll check the LogList again and post the relevat data here as before.

Hi Kevin,

Could you please try creating a chart with a simple CSV data which is given below and share the result with us?

CSV Data:

"Product","2009","2010"

"Product A","235000","198000"

"Product B","125100","109300"

"Product C","464200","253600"

"Product D","434500","345100"

Hi Kevin,

Could you please try creating a chart with a simple CSV data which is given below and share the result with us?

CSV Data:

"Product","2009","2010"

"Product A","235000","198000"

"Product B","125100","109300"

"Product C","464200","253600"

"Product D","434500","345100"

It works !

I can Finish the wizard and even after a refresh or navigating away and then returning to the page the chart is still there.

post-10849-069028400 1297327759_thumb.jpg

i' m trying to use it but, when i add the fusion chart webpart it show me the message in the attched file

Is it a sharepoint feature problem ?I've seen that exist a sharepoint feature maned Fusionchart.. i have to activete it ?post-12218-085298200 1297417041_thumb.png

i' m trying to use it but, when i add the fusion chart webpart it show me the message in the attched file

Is it a sharepoint feature problem ?I've seen that exist a sharepoint feature maned Fusionchart.. i have to activete it ?post-12218-085298200 1297417041_thumb.png

Ok

i tried to modify the web part and when i launch the fusionchart wizard and i try to select Sharepoint list as data provider, it respond whith this message

post-12218-085299100%201297437840_thumb.png

whre is the problem ?

tks a lot

post-12218-085299100 1297437840_thumb.png

Hi FiftyVik,

Could you please let us know that how did you solve "Web part can't be loaded." error and could you please also let us know the OS and SharePoint Server version that you are using?

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing the result with us. It seems that the issue is only with SharePoint list. We are trying to reproduce the issue in our labs and and shall get back to you if we need any more information.

On a slightly different issue, assuming the problem using charts outside a root site collection gets fixed, have you got any plans to allow the data source to be a SharePoint data view. It would be very useful if we were able to create a data view on a page, say to join or merge the data from multiple lists, and then to have a chart on that same page that can make use of the data view.

Technically, we know it is possible as a colleague was able to do this using Visifire as the charting tool, but we'd prefer to use FusionCharts as your wizard is so much easier to use than any other that we've seen.