Guest Rajroop

Fusioncharts For Sharepoint Beta Impression

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the image, after looking into the image we found that you are using older version of FusionCharts for SharePoint that version is not the updated version which was release on Feb 2nd 2011.

Also, have you got any chance to check the latest version which I have attached with my previous post?

Hi Kevin,

Could you please also try using this updated version into your SP 2010 and share the result with us?

Also, before installing the new version we request you to please follow the uninstallation instruction provided in the "Readme.html" file in the attached archive.

Good News!

The latest version seems to work OK on SP 2010. We've tried charts in both the root site collection and in a sub-site and in both cases the chart was created successfully in the wizard (using a SharePoint list as the source), and remained visible when refreshing the page or when navigating away and then returning to the page.

Guest Angie

Hi,

Good news indeed!

Glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

Keep FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

We have been experimenting with Fusion charts for SharePoint beta for a few weeks now, and are very happy with them, however recently we started experience the following error.

Upon launching the wizard the connections area is black and when I try to connect to a list I get the error "Could Not Get data for Chart"

The error seems to be intermittent, so it usually lets us create charts, and modify them all day, but the next day when we go in the error appears, but the charts work ok, we just cannot modify them. We downloaded the latest installation file yesterday and it appeared to fix the problem, however today we get the same error.

I have checked the log file and it is blank.

post-16749-058069900 1305815935_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Could you please send us the logged error information contained in FusionCharts_LogList SharePoint List so that we can check what is the issue?

Please refer to the attached PDF to know how to get this information.

Stack-Trace.pdf

I have checked the list but there is no data in it.

I can describe the problem more clearly now.

The charts only work for one day, and the next day they become frozen, if I try to modify the chart I get the could not connect error.

However if I ask our server administrator to open the page with the charts they become functional again and will continue to work for 1 day.

I think this may be a rights issue of some kind, I am a SharePoint owner only on a subset of sites, however the administrator is an owner for all the sites on the server plus being a server admin.

Are there any rights that should be set up for the charts to work correctly?

Hi,

Could you please send us the logged error information contained in FusionCharts_LogList SharePoint List so that we can check what is the issue?

Please refer to the attached PDF to know how to get this information.

Hi,

Could you please set 'Full Control' Permissions to the following registry key for the user who is using FusionCharts for SharePoint and let us know the result?

If using MOSS 2007:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office Server\12.0

If using WSS/SP2010:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\12.0

You can do the same by opening 'regedit' and going to the above registry key and right click on the key '12.0' and click on 'Permissions...'

Hope this helps.

Dear Rahul,

My administrator account have Full Control Permission but can get any display of Chart...

You must chk

Message: There was an error rendering the chart. Enable FusionCharts JS debugMode for more information.

Line: 15

Char: 6193

Code: 0

URI: http://servername/_layouts/FusionCharts/js/fc/fusioncharts.js

We are waiting for your reply

Regards.

Hi,

Could you please set 'Full Control' Permissions to the following registry key for the user who is using FusionCharts for SharePoint and let us know the result?

If using MOSS 2007:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office Server\12.0

If using WSS/SP2010:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\12.0

You can do the same by opening 'regedit' and going to the above registry key and right click on the key '12.0' and click on 'Permissions...'

Hope this helps.