Sign in to follow this  
nykash

'no Data To Display' - Ipad

Hi all,

I have an issue with a few charts rendering in HTML5. Most are MSLine's and work perfectly find with Flash. No problems whatsoever.

However, I'm getting 'No Data To Display' in Safari on the iPad. I've activated javascript debugging and yielded a nmumber of errors. All occur in fusioncharts.js, line 15.

TypeError: Type Error

and

a reference to setDataURL (which I updated to setXMLUrl). Now I'm received a ridiculous number of errors. I stopped the page load at 5000 errors, all 'TypeError: Type Error'

Any suggestions?

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

Could you please tell us the version of FusionCharts you are using?

If you are using FusionCharts v3.2, then please update your FusionCharts.js file to v3.2.1.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

Hi Angie,

I'm working under v3.2 currently. I'll update my js file, but I found the issue: FC_Rendered seemed to be causing a loop in the rendering of the data. After pulling this out of the code, everything is working fine in both the Web (flash) and iOS (HTML5) versions.

I'll see if the v3.2.1 js file fixes the issue and will update this thread later today.

Thanks!

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

Could you please tell us the version of FusionCharts you are using?

If you are using FusionCharts v3.2, then please update your FusionCharts.js file to v3.2.1.

Hope this helps.smile.gif

Update: I'm running 3.2.1

What I've discovered thus far:

• I'm getting a lot of TypeError: Type Error messages in the console. This seems to be related to line 757 of the debugging fusionCharts.js file and only happens in iOS. Debugging could be improved in this regard.
  • The XML params are far more strict in HTML5. I don't see this as a bad thing and, if anything, it requires better QA.
  • MY charts don't like FC_Rendered whatsoever. I've had to recode several as the app hangs (as mentioned in my initial post).

That's all for now. Things seem to be working, but it's not the easy transition for non-Flash platforms.