Sign in to follow this  
FusionCharts Support

Dynamic Y Axis setting

Hi,

I'm plotting a line chart with data values from around 10.5k to 13.5k. The chart displayed is being plotted from 0k - 14k, which means the line is all bunched at the top, filling only 2 fifths of the chart.

The data that is being displayed on the chart is being dynamically created by a server which is being picked by and entered into the chart using myChart.setDataURL().

I see that there is a way of setting the yAxisValue, but this is no use to me as I never know what data range I am going to get back.

Is there a means of telling the chart to only plot the chart around the data, and not to always start at 0?

Thanks

Thanks for the response.

:ermm: I'm not sure how to implement this.

I'm am using the javascript code to create the chart, this is what I have but it doesn't seem to have worked.

var myChart = new FusionCharts("flash/FusionCharts/line.swf", "1", "500", "300", "0", "0");

myChart.setDataURL("data.xml");

myChart.setAttribute("AdaptiveYMin", "1");

Thanks

Mark

Lemming (10/15/2007)
Thanks for the response.

:ermm: I'm not sure how to implement this.

I'm am using the javascript code to create the chart, this is what I have but it doesn't seem to have worked.

var myChart = new FusionCharts("flash/FusionCharts/line.swf", "1", "500", "300", "0", "0");

myChart.setDataURL("data.xml");

myChart.setAttribute("AdaptiveYMin", "1");

Thanks

Mark

The AdaptiveYMin is a property of the dataset, therefore it has to be part of the data.xml you are giving to you fusionchart JS Object.