Sign in to follow this  
h2data

How To Get "count" Of Items As Value?

I have a task-list in my Sharepoint 2010 Foundation that contains a number of tasks that have the usual status values (not started, in progress, completed...)

How do I configure the chart to have it pick up the number of tasks in each status?

Since theres no actual value in the data that says 55 tasks in state: not started I can't get that data.

Will there be a "view count" option in the upcoming releases?

Looking forward working with the product!

post-13242-084072200 1299071968_thumb.png

Hi,

To set the series options, please go to "Series Customization" tab -> X-Axis tab is used to set data labels field, and "Series X" tab is used to set the data value field for that particular Series. So in you case select Value Column: "Status" in "Series 1" tab.

Hope this helps.

Hi!

I'm afraid that this doesn't solve my problem since there's no actual numeric value in the status row to display. I need to count the number if each status and display the result of the count as a value.

In the attached image I have five rows of data and I want to show that there are 2 items in Compete, 1 item in Not Started and so on.

Is there a function within the webpart to make this count or do I have to build a logic in between the data source and FusionCharts that calculates the count and write it in "clear text" in a separate column for FusionCharts to read from?

post-13242-027992000 1299487257_thumb.png

Hi ,

Could you please refer to the steps shown in the attached screenshot and let us know if this is what you needed?

This was exactly what I was looking for! The ability to count the number of items. Thank you so much!

Guest Angie

Hi,

Thank you very much for your appreciation.

We are glad to know that you have managed to solve your purpose.

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif