WiLL

Group Countries In Europe Map

Hello !

I have a simple question.

Is it possible to group different countries of Europe ?

For exemple : Spain + Portugal, Belgium + Nederlands + Luxembourg, Germany + Poland, UK + Ireland...

I don't want to group by color, but to see a kind of new bold frontier for each group (with the real frontiers inside the groups in thin lines).

Is it possible ? and how ?

Thank you so much !

Guillaume

(and sorry for my English)

Guest Angie

Hey Guillaume,

The physical 'entities' of the FusionMaps framework based maps can not manipulated.

Your feature request: 'new bold frontier for each group (with the real frontiers inside the groups in thin lines)', is not possible using FusionMaps. I have made a note of your suggestion here. Thank you for the same.

Alternatively, you could create 3 different FusionMaps Custom maps to address your required implementation design here. More information on this at:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/maps/Custom.asp

I hope this helps. :)

I hope this helps. :)

Yes this helps !! Thank you !

But creating custom maps is impossible because groups will often change so it will be very expensive !!

:)

Thanks again

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum and thanks for your appreciation!smile.gif

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

would it be possible to associate an action to a group of them (i.e.: if I click on france, italy, spain or england, the same chart opens, either in a frame, or a popup, or in a DIV in the same page or as a modal popup...)? :rolleyes:

another question:

is it possible to know the DOMId of the clicked map?

I.E.: if I have two maps in the same page, both with entities set with a javascript call,

how can I know which map has been clicked?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am afraid, as of now, this is not possible. You would need to pass the id or any identifier of the map (map;s entity) clicked through the JS function. Accordingly, you would need to build the link attribute. However, if you make use of JavaScript mouse events you can get the element id of the mouse hover target element.

Hi,

I am afraid, as of now, this is not possible. You would need to pass the id or any identifier of the map (map;s entity) clicked through the JS function. Accordingly, you would need to build the link attribute. However, if you make use of JavaScript mouse events you can get the element id of the mouse hover target element.

I would need to combine hover and click, then...

There is no such thing as a click handler, at the moment, am I right?

Hi,

If you use link attribute of entity element and use j- or JavaScript: format to invoke a JavaScript function when you click on the entity. That will take care of the click.

Again, if you render the chart in opaque/transparent WMODE, the map element (<object>/<embed>) which has an id (=DOMId) can raise Browser mouse events (over, in, out etc.) and can be listened using simple JavaScript mouse event handlers. So at one hand the click can call the JS function from entity and on other hand through mouse over event you can get the element over which the mouse is present at that point of time and thus can track the DOMId of the map.

Hi,

If you use link attribute of entity element and use j- or JavaScript: format to invoke a JavaScript function when you click on the entity. That will take care of the click.

Again, if you render the chart in opaque/transparent WMODE, the map element (<object>/<embed>) which has an id (=DOMId) can raise Browser mouse events (over, in, out etc.) and can be listened using simple JavaScript mouse event handlers. So at one hand the click can call the JS function from entity and on other hand through mouse over event you can get the element over which the mouse is present at that point of time and thus can track the DOMId of the map.

but then, I will need to set a global variable to pass it to the click function...