stevep

Misc Issues & Questions

Hi,

I'm having a few problems with javascript rendered charts using 3.2.1 paid. First of all I'm trying to use the ScrollColumn2D called with the FusionCharts.render compact function. The json url for testing is a local file as follows:

{

"chart": {

"caption": "Missed & Blocked Visits",

"yaxisname": "Number of Visits",

"numvisibleplot": "2",

"plotspacepercent": "0"

},

"categories": [

{

"category": [

{

"label": "Test 2"

},

{

"label": "Test 1"

}

]

}

],

"dataset": [

{

"seriesname": "Number of Missed Visits",

"data": [

{

"value": "82"

},

{

"value": "77"

}

]

},

{

"seriesname": "Number of Blocked Visits",

"data": [

{

"value": "76"

},

{

"value": "52"

}

]

}

]

}

Questions:

1. numvisibleplot doesn't seem to work. I can't get this chart to scroll at all with javascript rendering. In the documentation JavaScript Charting Capabilities some of the scroll Equivalent JavaScript Chart are listed with (non scroll) but not ScrollColumn2D so I'm assuming it's supposed to support scrolling?

2. Actually I'd really prefer to use ScrollCombiDY2D but it's not supported with scroll in javascript. Is there a timeline for providing support for these remaining chart types?

3. plotspacepercent doesn't seem to work. How can I reduce the gap between the columns?

4. Is the json setup as fully functional as the xmlURL setup? We manage the backend so can use either. Would you recommend on over the other at this stage?

5. When rendered with javascript I can't get the x-axis labels to not display slanted. I've seen a work around for this in the forum. Can you please advise how to fix this using the compact render call?

6. Can't get the legend to display on javascript pie charts. I've seen this reported in the forum. Is the a timeframe for an update on this?

7. Is it possible to employ highchart parameters which are not supported in the fusion api? For example the high chart doughnut supports inner rings. Is this functionality accessible through the fusion wrapper?

As a general comment we're really only interested in using javascript rendered charts moving forward. We're now using a javascript framework to provide web-application type interfaces. This requires HTML5 so we don't wish to also require our users have flash installed or supported on thier system. I'd encourage you to continue to expand javascript rendered support and include widgets and maps.

post-14109-055271100 1300527915_thumb.png

mmm, no response from support in a week.

We have licenses for Fusion Charts, Widgets and Maps but it seems prudent to concentrate our efforts directly with the HighCharts library moving forward.

Edited by stevep

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

1. numvisibleplot doesn't seem to work. I can't get this chart to scroll at all with javascript rendering. In the documentation JavaScript Charting Capabilities some of the scroll Equivalent JavaScript Chart are listed with (non scroll) but not ScrollColumn2D so I'm assuming it's supposed to support scrolling?

>> I am afraid, the Scroll feature is not supported by the JavaScript charts, as of now.

2. Actually I'd really prefer to use ScrollCombiDY2D but it's not supported with scroll in javascript. Is there a timeline for providing support for these remaining chart types?

>> We are still working on this. I am afraid, we are unable to commit any date for this at this point of time. However, we would keep you update on any advancement.

3. plotspacepercent doesn't seem to work. How can I reduce the gap between the columns?

>> Please try using the " _override" method to implement equivalent particular to the. chart. The support for the attribute might be included in our next upgraded version.

4. Is the json setup as fully functional as the xmlURL setup? We manage the backend so can use either. Would you recommend on over the other at this stage?

>> For JS chart, we would recommend JSON to avoid internal conversion from XML to JSON.

5. When rendered with javascript I can't get the x-axis labels to not display slanted. I've seen a work around for this in the forum. Can you please advise how to fix this using the compact render call?

>> I am afraid, by nature, compact render cannot have this feature.

6. Can't get the legend to display on javascript pie charts. I've seen this reported in the forum. Is the a timeframe for an update on this?

>> Please try using the latest JS files attached with the post. Please remove the .txt extension by renaming the file and use it to solve your purpose.

7. Is it possible to employ highchart parameters which are not supported in the fusion api? For example the high chart doughnut supports inner rings. Is this functionality accessible through the fusion wrapper?

>> Please check with the FusionCharts Knowledge Base article for your reference with the help of the following link.

http://kb.fusionchar...nd+Flash+charts

As a general comment we're really only interested in using javascript rendered charts moving forward. We're now using a javascript framework to provide web-application type interfaces. This requires HTML5 so we don't wish to also require our users have flash installed or supported on thier system. I'd encourage you to continue to expand javascript rendered support and include widgets and maps.

>> We would have FusionMaps and FusionWidgets support for rendering on iPad/iPhone in next few quarters. Also, we would improve our version of Highcharts with respect to the original Highcharts in 3.2.2 .

Hope this helps. :)

Latest JS files.zip

Guest Angie

Hi,

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Keep FusionCharting!biggrin.gif