TheWitness

Javascript Errors Rendering Charts

Hello Forum Gods and Goddesses,

I have an issue. I just updated my FusionCharts.js to the latest version and now for some reason I am getting all sorts of errors. Here they are:

#05102109  chartContainerportlet_6_1_5.render() Error >> A duplicate object  already exists with the specific Id: chartContainerportlet_6_1_5
FusionCharts.js (line 15)

The output is courtesy FireBug. With the old code, I never received these errors. Here is the code snippet from my app:

<script type="text/javascript">
if ($.browser.msie) {
   	var D = (document.body.clientWidth)? document.body: document.documentElement;
   	var fw  = D.clientWidth;
}else{
   	var fw=window.innerWidth;
}
fw = fw * <?php print $percent;?>;
fh = 200;

var chart1 = new FusionCharts("./FusionCharts/Pie3D.swf", "<?php print "chartContainer" . $pieid;?>", fw, fh);
chart1.setDataURL("<?php print urlencode("farmmon.php?action=getchartdata&type=pie&area=" . $graph_area . "&resource_type=" . $resource_type_id . "&id=" . $pieid);?>");
chart1.render("<?php print "chartContainer" . $pieid;?>");
</script>

Again, this was not happening before. Please note (PHP+Js), pretty normal. For some reason, I think it's attempting to create a nested object with the same ID. I have jQueryUI sorter installed, and when I reposition the broken element, it renders right away.

TheWitness

www.cacti.net

I'll take that back. When I set:

FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer('javascript');[/b]

The whole thing breaks again.

Node was not found"  code: "8

The HighCharts are not too nice compared to flash...

TheWitness

Hi there,

Give it another shot by using the latest FusionCharts JS supplied with the PowerCharts pack (www.fusioncharts.com/powercharts).

Just replace your existing FusionCharts JS with all JS supplied within the Charts and JSClass floder of PowerCharts.

Lemme know what happens.

I'll give that a whirl and let you know. I'm just going to use the PowerCharts 3.2, as I don't know who at our company registered our Enterprise package. So, I don't currently have a login.

TheWitness

Just confirming, this is what I have...

/*!

* FusionCharts JavaScript Library

* Copyright FusionCharts Technologies LLP

* License Information at <http://www.fusioncharts.com/license>

* @author FusionCharts Technologies LLP

* @version fusioncharts/3.2.1.release.2157

* Third-party attributions:

* SWFObject v2.2 <http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/>

* JSON v2 <http://www.JSON.org/js.html>

* Firebug Lite 1.3.0 <http://getfirebug.com/firebuglite>

* jQuery 1.4.2 <http://jquery.com/>

*/

TheWitness

No joy...

#05102109  chartContainerportlet_6_1_5.render() Error >> A duplicate object  already exists with the specific Id: chartContainerportlet_6_1_5
#05102109  chartContainerportlet_7_3_10.render() Error >> A duplicate object  already exists with the specific Id: chartContainerportlet_7_3_10

Edited by TheWitness

If I move the object on the page, I now get a different error.

#06091847  chartobject-1 Warning >> A FusionChart oject with the specified  id "chartContainerportlet_7_3_10" already exists. Renaming it to  chartobject-1

So, that much is better. I'm wondering what is going wrong and if it's a method issues. Here is the process I use when I build the page.

1) Create empty <div> for each chart object. Generate a uniqueue ID for that div.

2) Register the javascript for the chart object including the call back and rendering code. Do this as part or not a part of $().ready() {});

3) Error's appear for whatever reason indicating the id is already in use.

TheWitness

Hi,

Will it be possible for you to add a single line of JavaScript code before you initialize the chart?

The line is :

if (FusionCharts && FusionCharts("<?php print "chartContainer" . $pieid;?>")) FusionCharts("<?php print "chartContainer" . $pieid;?>").dispose();

Put rest of the lines as you are doing:

var chart1 = new FusionCharts("./FusionCharts/Pie3D.swf", "<?php print "chartContainer" . $pieid;?>", fw, fh);
       chart1.setDataURL("<?php print urlencode("farmmon.php?action=getchartdata&type=pie&area=" . $graph_area . "&resource_type=" . $resource_type_id . "&id=" . $pieid);?>");
       chart1.render("<?php print "chartContainer" . $pieid;?>");