simonmcm

Installation Problems

Hi,

I am trying to install Fusion Charts for SharePoint on our development environment, We are running SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7 Professional.

The installation seems to run correctly, but when I add a fusion chart web part to a page i get the following error:

WebPart can't be loaded. Please contact your site administrator.

It lets me run the charts wizard but when i try to connect the chart to anything I get the following error:

Could not save chart settings

Also if i try to access fusion charts through site settings i get the same error:

Anybody have any ideas what might be causing these errors any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi,

I'm having the same problem on my environment (WSS 3.0 on Windows Server 2008).

Downloaded Fusion Charts for SharePoint today (Jun 2, 2011), deployed successfully and keep getting errors after adding webparts and starting wizard:

* Could get not data for chart

And sometimes I can see provider list, but then I end with:

* Could not save chart settings

Hi Simon,

Hope you are keeping well.

Just touching base to find out if you were able to use FusionCharts for SharePoint?

I receive the "WebPart can't be loaded" message also. However, my detailed message is a little different. See below. NOTE: It installed fine on our development environment, but when I go to install in production I get this message below. Note, also, that our environment has load balanced front ends. I installed on both WFE.

WebPart can't be loaded. Please contact your site administrator. More... There is no 'Chart Configuration' list at FusionCharts.SharePoint.Charts.DAL.ListHelper.Get[T](SPWeb web, String listTitle, SPQuery query, Func`2 converter)

Edited by pavers1970

I receive the "WebPart can't be loaded" message also. However, my detailed message is a little different. See below. NOTE: It installed fine on our development environment, but when I go to install in production I get this message below. Note, also, that our environment has load balanced front ends. I installed on both WFE.

More...

There is no 'Chart Configuration' list at FusionCharts.SharePoint.Charts.DAL.ListHelper.Get[T](SPWeb web, String listTitle, SPQuery query, Func`2 converter)

BTW - we are on SP 2007 (MOSS Enterprise)

Edited by pavers1970

Hi Pavers,

Have you tried installing it into the root site?

THanks for the quick response Rahul -

By "root site" do you mean the "Default Web Site"? We do not have SharePoint installed on the "Default Web Site" actually. It remains as it was when IIS/Windows were first installed.

Is this a requirement? If so, I'll see what I can do about first putting SharePoint on the "Default Web SIte", and then trying to install you tool. HOWEVER, Let me know please if this makes sense, and thanks again for the quick response.

Hi Paver,

No, I did not mean that you need to install in in "Default Web Site".

What I mean is if you are installing it into your "sub site" then try installing it into the "root site" of that "sub site" and check.

Hello Rahul - okay...so to answer your question, YES it is installed in the root site. Still no luck.

Also, I tried to run the Config List generator in our dev environment and this is the output that it gave below. Is there a way for me to just manually perform the steps of creating a "config list"? What is that and where does it reside? Thanks again!

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.OpenWebInternal(String bstrUrl, Guid& pguidID, String& pbstrRequestAccessEmail, UInt32& pwebVersion, String& pbstrServerRelativeUrl, UInt32& pnLanguage, UInt32& pnLocale, String& pbstrDefaultTheme, String& pbstrDefaultThemeCSSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateCSSUrl, String& pbstrCustomizedCssFileList, String& pbstrCustomJSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateHeaderUrl, String& pbstrMasterUrl, String& pbstrCustomMasterUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoDescription, Object& pvarUser, Boolean& pvarIsAuditor, Int32& plSiteFlags)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.OpenWebInternal(String bstrUrl, Guid& pguidID, String& pbstrRequestAccessEmail, UInt32& pwebVersion, String& pbstrServerRelativeUrl, UInt32& pnLanguage, UInt32& pnLocale, String& pbstrDefaultTheme, String& pbstrDefaultThemeCSSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateCSSUrl, String& pbstrCustomizedCssFileList, String& pbstrCustomJSUrl, String& pbstrAlternateHeaderUrl, String& pbstrMasterUrl, String& pbstrCustomMasterUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoUrl, String& pbstrSiteLogoDescription, Object& pvarUser, Boolean& pvarIsAuditor, Int32& plSiteFlags)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.InitWebPublic()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_ServerRelativeUrl()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_Url()

at ListUtil.frmMain.AddSitesToList()

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3615 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ConfigListCreator

Assembly Version: 1.0.1.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/_download/configlist/ConfigListCreator.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

Microsoft.SharePoint

Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 12.0.6535.5003

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.SharePoint/12.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.SharePoint.dll

Microsoft.SharePoint.Library

Win32 Version: 12.0.6517.5000

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.SharePoint.Library/12.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

Microsoft.SharePoint.Security

Win32 Version: 12.0.4518.1016

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.SharePoint.Security/12.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.SharePoint.Security.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

System.Web

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3618 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

System.DirectoryServices

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.DirectoryServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.DirectoryServices.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

HI RAHUL! -

Okay have some additional information....it is working in the root site collection, but not in the other site collection!

Is there a way to get it to work in my other site collections? I made sure to install it in all site collections.

Thanks.

Edited by pavers1970

HI RAHUL! -

Okay have some additional information....it is working in the root site collection, but not in the other site collection!

Is there a way to get it to work in my other site collections? I made sure to install it in all site collections.

Thanks.

So to be clear:

-When I load the web part on to a page in the top level site collection (the root site collection), it works BEAUTIFULLY!

-When I load the web part on to a page in other site collections below the root site collection, I get that error above.

Note: I **DID*** make sure that the file was installed in all the site collections.

This is also true for the development environment. What is this configuration list? Is there a way for the other site collections to make use of this web part?

Hi Paver,

We have released another beta yesterday, could you please download the new beta from http://www.fusioncharts.com/sharepoint and re-install it into your server.

While re-installing please make sure to do the following:

1. Run the setup of new beta.

2. Choose "Remove" at second step and follow all the steps.

3. Open command prompt at administrative privileged and type following commands into it:

1. net stop "Windows SharePoint Services Timer"

2. net start "Windows SharePoint Services Timer"

4. Re-run newly downloaded setup and follow the instructions.

Hope this will solve the issue.

Corrected (service names):

1. net stop "Windows SharePoint Services Timer"

2. net start "Windows SharePoint Services Timer"

Hi Paver,

Could you please let me know did you get it working or not?

Rahul - It worked!

Thanks to you and your excellent team for getting the update/fix posted.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your issue.

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

I downloaded install yesterday and installed it on the sharepoint server to all sites. I am now also getting the same error. I have a 2007 moss install. I get the same error on the root and sub sites. Any thoughts??

i am unable to find that list for you. I look on the top level site and the site where i put the webpart. I also conducted a search for it. I have tried to use the URL in the doc but did not have any luck there either. Do you have any other ideas?

Hi,

Could you please send us the detailed error information which is being logged in FusionCharts_LogList so that we can check for the issue?

P.S - You can refer to the attached PDF to know how to get error log information.

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Could you please download the list utils from the link below and run it and select the SharePoint Site to which you have installed FusionCharts for SharePoint and click on 'Create List' button and then try to add the FusionCharts for SharePoint web part.

http://www.igcomm.com/developer_workspace/SharePoint/ListUtil.zip

Please let us know the result.

I was getting the same error listed above and ran the ListUtil.zip and everything is working great! Thank you very much! What a great web part! Will this web part expire? Is it free to use for personal use?

Ok i have done that. When i run it on the sharepoint server i get the following error:

microsoft.net framework

unhandled exception has occured in your application. a network related or instance specific error occured while establishing a connection to sql server. the server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that sql server is configured to allow remote connection. )provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - could not open a connection to sql server).

i validated the sql server is configured to accept remote connections. I am not sure how to know what instance it is looking for. Thoughts??

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SqlSession.OpenConnection()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SqlSession.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlCommand command)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPDatabaseSequence.GetVersion(Guid id, Version defaultVersion, SqlSession session, SPDatabaseSequence sequence)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPContentDatabase.ValidateDatabaseSchemaCompatibility()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite.PreinitializeServer(SPRequest request)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.InitializeSPRequest()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.EnsureSPRequest()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_Request()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.InitWebPublic()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_ServerRelativeUrl()

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.get_Url()

at ListUtil.frmMain.AddSitesToList()

at ListUtil.frmMain.frmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

ListUtil

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/Admin/Sp%20Solutions/fusioncharts-for-sharepoint-2007/ListUtil/ListUtil.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3623 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3624 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

Microsoft.SharePoint

Win32 Version: 12.0.6020.5000

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.SharePoint/12.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.SharePoint.dll

Microsoft.SharePoint.Library

Win32 Version: 12.0.6010.5000

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.SharePoint.Library/12.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

Microsoft.SharePoint.Security

Win32 Version: 12.0.4518.1016

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.SharePoint.Security/12.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.SharePoint.Security.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

System.Web

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3618 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

Microsoft.Office.Server

Win32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Office.Server/12.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.Office.Server.dll

Microsoft.Office.Server.Intl

Win32 Version: 12.0.4518.1014

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Office.Server.intl/12.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.Office.Server.intl.dll

Microsoft.SharePoint.Search

Win32 Version: 12.0.6013.5000

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.SharePoint.Search/12.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.dll

msvcm80

Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.3053

Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.3053

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.3053_x-ww_B80FA8CA/msvcm80.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I was getting the same error listed above and ran the ListUtil.zip and everything is working great! Thank you very much! What a great web part! Will this web part expire? Is it free to use for personal use?

Hi,

It is really strange that why it is showing that error, as there is no any code which checks for SQL server, from the Log it seems that this error is coming from SharePoint itself when it is trying to retrieve a list of SP Sites.

Could you please try opening SP Web Site in a browser and check if it is opening properly and then try to re-run the ListUtil application?

The sites appear to working correctly, search is working as it should as well. I tried again with the same error.

Hi,

It is really strange that why it is showing that error, as there is no any code which checks for SQL server, from the Log it seems that this error is coming from SharePoint itself when it is trying to retrieve a list of SP Sites.

Could you please try opening SP Web Site in a browser and check if it is opening properly and then try to re-run the ListUtil application?

This is shareppoint moss 2007 on a server 2003

Hi,

To run the ListUtil one would need to be an Administrator of the Windows Server and SP2010 server - Could you please confirm that?

I did find that it is working on one of the other site i installed it on as well. I would like to see if we can figure out how to get it on the main site, but this will work for testing and report development.