simonmcm

Installation Problems

Hi,

I am afraid, but it does not matter whether it is Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008, the user must be an administrator of both (SPServer and WIndows Server).

I found the problem. I must have a currupt or incomplete web application. When i was doing the install i choose all 8 web applications. I noticed the install kept failing at the same web app. I then removed it and installed it to the required web apps and all started to work fine for being able to access the web part.

Thanks for your time on this. I do really appreciate it.

Hi,

Thanks for confirming us. We'll look into the issue and let you know.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your problem.

Keep FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

we are facing strange issue on Sharepoint Fusion chart webpart :

I am an admin for the one of the sharepoint site, I don't get this error.

but some of our business users(having full rights on site) facing this error when they try to use the Fusion chart webpart.

"Could not get data for chart" error shows on user's machine but when i open chart from my system it's worked fine.

We have downloaded the ListUtil.exe and run on server, the issue fixed for the day but it re-occurs on next day.

Could you suggest something on this?

Plese see the attchment.

Thanks.

Edited by Poonam W

Hi Poonam,

Could you please send us the error details by referring to the attached PDF so that we can check?

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for quick reply.

It's the same error log which is there in PDF file ,

This error I found yesterday after running ListUtil.exe. But today i didn't saw any new entry in this list for "Could not get data for chart" error.

ScreenShort.bmpChartWithError.bmp

ChartWithError.bmp

ChartWithError.bmp

Edited by Poonam W

Hi Poonam,

Could you please let us know after running the ListUtil.exe, the error is still coming?

After runninh ListUtil.exe, i found 1 error log in FusionCharts_LogList.

but today when other users are trying to add/edit webpart they are getting the error, and it's not getting logged in the list.

And the main concern is I don't get this error when i launch FusionCharts Wizard. but for other users it's throwing the error.

Hi Rahul,

to continue with the same error, i also found that , When i browse webservice whice is listed in error log page(http://servername/_layouts/FusionCharts/WebService.aspx ), it's says The XML page cannot be displayed.

attached is the screenshot.

And what is this exception about : Requested registry access is not allowed. (is this talking about permission on webservice?)

post-21444-0-12184900-1315990579_thumb.png

Edited by Poonam W

Hi Poonam,

Could you please try providing the same user "READ" permission in the registry at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft" location and check if this solves this issue?

To set the permission in registry, please follow the instruction given below:

1. Type regedit in "Run Window"

2. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft" hive and right click on "Microsoft" in the context menu click on "Permissions...".

3. In the "Permissions for Microsoft" window, Add the user by clicking on "Add" button.

4. Finally click on "OK" to close "Permissions for Microsoft" window.

P.S. Our earlier version was reading some values from the registry but we have removed that code in the updated version.

Hi Poonam,

Could you please try providing the same user "READ" permission in the registry at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft" location and check if this solves this issue?

To set the permission in registry, please follow the instruction given below:

1. Type regedit in "Run Window"

2. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft" hive and right click on "Microsoft" in the context menu click on "Permissions...".

3. In the "Permissions for Microsoft" window, Add the user by clicking on "Add" button.

4. Finally click on "OK" to close "Permissions for Microsoft" window.

P.S. Our earlier version was reading some values from the registry but we have removed that code in the updated version.

Hi Rahul,

Tried with the above steps, facing the same error again.

Actually We install the latest beta version of FusionChart for moss 2007,

and when I browse the webservice which shows in log list http://servername/layouts/FusionCharts/WebService.aspx

it's says "The XML page cannot be displayed".

Edited by Poonam W

Hi Poonam,

Could you please check if the FusionCharts lists are present at your server or not with the help of attached assembly and ASPX file?

Please follow the instruction below to know how to use it:

Drag n drop "FusionCharts.Check.dll" into "C:\Windows\Assembly" and copy paste "FCLists.aspx" into "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\FusionCharts" folder.

Now, open your browser and navigate to your SharePoint home page, also please use your client credential at this point instead of yours (ADMIN), open a new tab of your browser and use the following link http://(SPServer)/_layouts/FusionCharts/FCLists.aspx or http://(SPServer)/(subsite)/_layouts/FusionCharts/FCLists.aspx - this page will show you status of the lists whether they are present or not.

Please send the information to us also.

FusionCharts.Check.zip

Hi Poonam,

Could you please check if the FusionCharts lists are present at your server or not with the help of attached assembly and ASPX file?

Please follow the instruction below to know how to use it:

Drag n drop "FusionCharts.Check.dll" into "C:\Windows\Assembly" and copy paste "FCLists.aspx" into "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\FusionCharts" folder.

Now, open your browser and navigate to your SharePoint home page, also please use your client credential at this point instead of yours (ADMIN), open a new tab of your browser and use the following link http://(SPServer)/_layouts/FusionCharts/FCLists.aspx or http://(SPServer)/(subsite)/_layouts/FusionCharts/FCLists.aspx - this page will show you status of the lists whether they are present or not.

Please send the information to us also.

Hi Rahul,

I followed the listed procedure, logged in with the user having Read permission on site, and navigated to the mentione link.

Pl Check the attchment.

FusionCharts.Check.bmp

Hi Poonam,

I am afraid, but Its seems that you have logged-in using your account, where we need the information of the same user who is have this issue, so please log-out from your account and log-in using your client's credential.

Hi Rahul,

Seems it's not working, I tried to login with many accounts and when browse to http://servername/(subsite)/_layouts/FusionCharts/FCLists.aspx it display UserName as Logged-in User Name: System Account. Got no clue why this is happening.

I got one query, Is this FusionChart_log list should be present at Subsite(s) level....I just check it's only present at Top level site/at root site.

Hey Rahul, got a quick question for you. I've added the FushionCharts webpart to my top-level site, and I get the same error most people are getting (There is no 'Chart Configuration' list), so I run the ListUtil program....however when I'm trying to run this program, it's defaulting to a Web App that doesn't even have the webpart installed on it, and I can't seem to change which Web App the ListUtil picks. Any suggestions?

Hi Ryan,

ListUtil will display all the available SPSites which are at your server, so the term " it's defaulting to a Web App that doesn't even have the webpart installed on it" is not clear to me, could you please send us an screenshot of ListUtil application and elaborate the issue?

PS: You can also mail to [email protected] with your query and the screenshot.

Hi Ryan,

ListUtil will display all the available SPSites which are at your server, so the term " it's defaulting to a Web App that doesn't even have the webpart installed on it" is not clear to me, could you please send us an screenshot of ListUtil application and elaborate the issue?

PS: You can also mail to [email protected] with your query and the screenshot.

Thanks for the reply Rahul, I've sent an email to [email protected]. Thanks!

Hi Rahul,

Seems it's not working, I tried to login with many accounts and when browse to http://servername/(s...ts/FCLists.aspx it display UserName as Logged-in User Name: System Account. Got no clue why this is happening.

I got one query, Is this FusionChart_log list should be present at Subsite(s) level....I just check it's only present at Top level site/at root site.

Hi Poonam,

We have released an updated version in order to fix the configuration list issue which you can download from http://www.fusioncharts.com/sharepoint/download, hope this will solve the issue.

Hi Poonam,

We have released an updated version in order to fix the configuration list issue which you can download from http://www.fusioncha...epoint/download, hope this will solve the issue.

Hi Rahul,

If i install latest version then would all the created fusion charts on web pages will get affected/vanished?

bcoz we have created many complex charts on webpages and it's on live server :(

Best Regards,

Poonam.

Hi Poonam,

If you are using version 0.9.6 then you'll not loose any existing data. And to check which version you are using please open "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder of the server in which you have installed FusionCharts for SharePoint and look for "FusionCharts.SharePoint.Charts.dll" file then right click on it and click on "Properties" then in "FusionCharts.SharePoint.Charts Properties" window click on "Version" tab and check the entry for "File version:".

Hi Poonam,

If you are using version 0.9.6 then you'll not loose any existing data. And to check which version you are using please open "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder of the server in which you have installed FusionCharts for SharePoint and look for "FusionCharts.SharePoint.Charts.dll" file then right click on it and click on "Properties" then in "FusionCharts.SharePoint.Charts Properties" window click on "Version" tab and check the entry for "File version:".

Hi Rahul,

We got Fusion Chart 1.0.0.0 version on server. What will you advice for this version? shall we re-install the package over this version?

Pl suggest.

Hi Poonam,

The version you mentioned is File Version or Assembly version?

Hi Rohan,

It's an assembly version of Fusion chart dll.....

Attached is the screenshort, pl check.

FC Version.bmp

Edited by Poonam W

Hi Poonam,

Could you please click on the "Version" tab (please check the attached image) and check the "File Version" not "Assembly Version" in under that Tab.

Hello,

The File version is 1.0.0.0

PFA image.

FC Version.bmp

Edited by Poonam W

Hi Poonam,

Sorry for the delay in reply. From the image it seems that you do not have 0.9.6 version installed so in order to install the new version without loosing your existing data, you would need to manually delete four files highlighted in attached image from "C:\Windows\Assembly" folder and then run the same setup and choose "Remove" option and follow the instructions, at the last stage it'll show some error in the log but you can ignore those, the error is coming because we have manually deleted the required files.

After following the above step you can continue with the installation of the new version normally.

I hope this helps.

post-1758-0-65713200-1318588296_thumb.jpg