Sign in to follow this  
dsmiley

Column 2D Chart Sometimes Fails To Render

I have noticed that sometimes the Column 2D Chart sometimes fails to render. I verified that data was sent to the chart using the FCData function. One thing that seemed to fix the issue was setting the "scaleMode" param to "exactFit" and updating the "scaleX" and "scaleY" attributes of the chart manaualy in the updateDisplayList function of my FLEX application. I have noticed other instances where data will not display if the chart becomes too small. Is there anything you can tell me about how the size of the chart may effect its ability to render data? Any idea why setting the scale "scaleMode" param to "exactFit"might help solve the issue? One other thing that may have solved the issue was setting the "labelDisplay" param to "WRAP" instead of "Rotate". Maybe the bitmap drawing functions in the chart objects have issues related to container size?

I am embedding the chart using swfObject.

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

Could you please send us a screenshot or any live link to look into the issue?

Awaiting for your reply.

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

Could you please send us a screenshot or any live link to look into the issue?

Awaiting for your reply.

This issue was that the initial call to the chart's FCRender method was called before data was loaded, causing subsequent calls to fail. I had some set up code that triggered a render cll before my data binding for chart data was triggered. By adjusting this code to only trigger a call to FCRender once data was loaded the issue was resolved. I think this is a bug in the chart's code. My subsequent calls to my API correctly render the chart at runtime based on user input, but I would be interested to see what happens if the API returns no data. If the same issue occurs where by the chart fails to render future requests that does return data there is a bug in the chart code.