wstech

Is There Any Replacement String In Tooltext?

about tooltext, I want to set map entity tooltext like 'some customize text, {value}', when

the mouse is over, it shows like 'some customize text, $123.00'.

my fusionmap data is asp.net output as xml file, the same data maybe display different format

value because of fusionmap properties config like numberSuffix, decimals, numberPrefix and so

on, I want the value in tooltip can automatic changed with properties changed

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

I am afraid, FusionMaps does not support the feature you are looking for, at this time.

We have taken a note of your request here and added the same in our wishlist.

Hope you have a great day!

Guest Angie

Hi,

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Keep FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

If I buy the full license with source code provided, will be possible to achieve the feature described here, modifying the source code?

P.S.: I think you have forgotten to write something, in your message... I only see your signature...

Edited by pitommasi

Reading the datails, I have seen that I would only get source code for charts, not for map, so the conclusion is that I cannot modify map's behavior, right?

I was reading again:

so the problem listed inthe first post is not to set a custom text for the tooltip (which, from what I have seen is a standard feature)

but to change its property at runtime? And then, is that not possible? I cannot change them at runtime, according to a user event, for example?

Hi,

I was reading again:

So the problem listed inthe first post is not to set a custom text for the tooltip (which, from what I have seen is a standard feature)

but to change its property at runtime? And then, is that not possible? I cannot change them at runtime, according to a user event, for example?

'

As of now, you can only put a custom tooltip which will completely replace the default tooltip (with value). You would not be able to partially/completely update anything (map entity value, tooltip, color range, legend, cosmetics, number formatting etc.) at runtime using JavaScript etc. To update a map or any of it's object you would need to update it's XML with all required changes using setDataXML/setDataURL function.

You can not use the format (which wstech had asked) : some customize text, {value}.

wstech seems to be wishing to create a tooltip where a part of the tooltip would be hard-coded (some customize text, ) and the other part would be dynamically generated ({value} replaced by the actual value of the entity) by the map.

Reading the datails, I have seen that I would only get source code for charts, not for map, so the conclusion is that I cannot modify map's behavior, right?

You would get source code of any of the 4 core products (FusionCharts, FusionWidgets, FusionMaps and PowerCharts) with the Enterprise Plus License. http://www.fusioncharts.com/license/ leads to all of these products.

You can also buy any of these core products from http://www.fusioncharts.com/buy/?fusionmaps=enterprise plus

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage. ( this is not part of any of the signatures :rolleyes: )