mahmoud_mtk

Chart Animation In Firefox 4

Hi,

I was trying the examples for pie/donuts chart exists in this location /FusionCharts_Evaluation/FusionCharts_Evaluation/Code/JavaScript/PieDoughnut/togglePieSlice.html from the downloaded evaluation version.

First time chart loads correctly but everytime I choose another chart type from the menu, the animation doesn't work and after some time the chart is displayed in the page (I assume after animation is completed, the final chart is rendered on the page). This behavior happens only on firefox 4.0, on IE and earlier versions of firefox it works fine.

Any clue..

Thanks

Guest Angie

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

Could you please send us a screenshot to look into the issue?

Awaiting for your reply.

Hi,

Could you please send us a screenshot to look into the issue?

Awaiting for your reply.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, please find a screenshot attached of the empty chart area after I choose a chart type from the menu. After about 10 seconds the chart renders directly without animation.

Hope this is clear enough and if you want to repeat the scenario you can try the page on firefox 4.0, the page is one of the samples shipped with the evaluation version.

Thanks

post-14810-046386800 1301980610_thumb.jpg

Guest Angie

Hi,

I am afraid, we are unable to replicate the issue as this is working fine from our end.

Please confirm the FusionCharts version and the systems environment you are using.

Hi,

I am afraid, we are unable to replicate the issue as this is working fine from our end.

Please confirm the FusionCharts version and the systems environment you are using.

Hi,

FusionChart version is FusionCharts v3.2.1 (Released on 6th October 2010) and firefox is 4.0 (it works fine on earlier versions of firefox and on other browsers)

Hey,

we have the same Problem with FusionCharts an FF 4.

But we can replikate it. If you use Jquery (Ajax) you must move your mouse to view the Chart Animation.

How can i fix it ?!

Guest Angie

Hi,

The sample example is working fine from our end.

Please confirm the FusionCharts version and system environment you are using.

Hi,

The sample example is working fine from our end.

Please confirm the FusionCharts version and system environment you are using.

I would like to add to this discussion by saying that we have also run into this problem with FusionCharts 3.2.1 on FF4. When you navigate to a tab (in our web application) that contains a FusionCharts object, the chart does not appear for the first few seconds (presumably while it's animating). After a brief delay - poof! The chart magically appears. Sometimes the delay is only a second or two, but I have seen delays of up to six or seven seconds, which makes our application appear very slow. I cannot reproduce this on IE, but I can do it every time in FF4. I don't know what's causing it but it's very annoying - would be great to see a fix or a workaround for this one.

If you use Jquery (Ajax) you must move your mouse to view the Chart Animation.

Yes, I find that if I continually move the mouse over the chart area while the tab is loading, the chart appears immediately. If I keep the mouse still while the tab is loading, the chart does not appear for the first few seconds. Very odd behaviour.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We will get back to you once we have any update on this.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Hope you have a great day!