Sign in to follow this  
ressystems

Clickable / Refreshed Gantt Charts, Other Features?

A few things I would love to see in the Gantt Chart, and maybe they're already there?

1. Vertical scrolling. I saw this in another post, but we'd really really like to see this in the product (we may have to go to another product for this feature alone).

2. Clickable tasks. Can we make Javascript or external calls when a task is clicked on?

3. Refresh the chart. I'd like to be able to re-load the chart with new data based on browser events (streaming won't really help much for us).

Can we already do any of these? How?

Thanks!

I was able to dynamically change the size the of swf using javascript. I get the number of rows in the gantt chart first, then calculate how long to make the swf based on the number of rows. The calculation I found works good is swfHeight = NumRows * 25, with a minimum of 200 pixels and a max of 4000 pixels. I have a 161 row gantt that fits into this nicely. The only problem so far is printing - the flash won't print a large image on multiple pages.

Hi,

As for vertical scrolling, we'll try and implement this in our next major version.

>> 2. Clickable tasks. Can we make Javascript or external calls when a task is clicked on?

Yes - you can do so.

>> 3. Refresh the chart. I'd like to be able to re-load the chart with new data based on browser events (streaming won't really help much for us).

You can use the client side JavaScript feature to do so.