Scipio

Chart Stops Exporting When Not On Screen (Ie8)

Hi,

I am trying to finish up exporting of charts (using server side export) and I have noticed some strange behavior. This only happens in Internet explorer, but when I try and export the charts by calling chart.exportChart (after they have fully rendered in the browser), any charts that are not currently on screen (they are further down the page) do not gather image data at all. If I scroll down so that they are visible they begin gathering the information but any charts that I have scrolled away from pause in their image gathering until I scroll back up to them again. I require that all charts gather their image data, no matter if they are currently on screen or not. They are all on the same page, and they have all rendered successfully. This behavior does not occur in Firefox or Chrome, there everything works fine. If this is a limitation of IE 8 is there any way around it?

Thanks,

-Scipio

Hi,

Please note that natively there is no solution to the issue of exporting the charts which are not in the viewable portion of the browser and needs to be scrolled to view and rendered.

However, we have found out a work-around to this issue. A "scroll.js" file when included in the chart folder would make the browser scroll till the bottom and then go up to allow all the charts to be rendered.

This would alternately let all the charts be exported when the function is called.

Please send us a mail at http://www.fusioncharts.com/contact/ in case you would like to try the "scroll.js" file.

Hope this helps. :D Looking forward to your valuable feedback.

I face the similar problem when i try to export charts that are not seen in the screen. It stops until I scroll to them.

I wrote my own java script snippet to scroll to the bottom and again to the top.

But that also doesn work.

Hi,

You are always welcome!smile.gif

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

Guest Sumedh

this is still happening: have you found any solution apart from the scroll.js file?

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no work-around for this condition.

It takes a bit more time to export the charts in case of IE browser.

Hope this helps!