Sign in to follow this  
Pallav

Multiple fusion charts and performance

Hi,

We are developing a dynamic real time dashboard and our requirement is to support 5 users with 16 chart each.

We have developed it and everythings working fine. We are using Fusiongadgets latest upgraded version.

Once we keep running this for 12-14 hrs we get adobe message saying "Script is taking tool long..........".

Do you have any option in charts to reduce memory footprint as time progressses or do you have any pointers on how to tackle this issue?

Hi,

What all charts are you using in that page?

Also, are any of those charts real time charts? If yes, what is the data load (number of visible points) per chart?

We are using three charts type all real type line, column and stacked area. Number of visible points per chart is also configurable, user can select min 10 to max 500. But normal usage is around 20.

i am sorry i can't as testing and development domain is not accessible on public internet.

But our further analysis shows that memory usage remains low but "Page File Usage History" goes on increasing and at some point of time browser hangs.

To increas performance we have even used rerendering of all charts after 8 hrs.

You shouldn't need a live link to investigate this problem. Using real-time charts, updating every few seconds or so and memory usage slowly increases over time. That's with 15 data points and a single chart. If you need a live link go look at the FusionWidgets example provide here: http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/Demos/RealTimeJS/Index.html

Open that screen in a browser and let it run for several hours; memory use slowly grows. Open multiple tabs to that example and memory use grows faster over time.

Hi,

I've the same problem with performance

I am trying to destroy/remove chart from memory before load/create/render it again (I must do it every 10 seconds)

Did you find a solution for the problem?

Thanks in advance

Guest Rajroop

Hi,

A most hearty welcome to the FusionCharts Forum. :P

Now, In reference to your query, I'm afraid this is a Flash Player issue.