Sign in to follow this  
Glenn

Css Issues

Hi,

I have a number of charts generated. I can include them on a page without issue. However, I am trying to make the page more attractive and have generated some CSS classes that basically wrap content in a box. This works fine when I use it with other content. However, with FusionCharts (and FusionMaps also) it doesn't seem to allow the complete box to display.

Here is what does work:

<div id="bigBox" style="width:600px; height:300px; " >
<div class="box">
<div class="mr">
<div class="ml">
<div class="tr">
<div class="tl">
<h2>LMA Dashboard Login</h2>
</div> <!-- eof tl -->
</div> <!-- eof tr -->
<div class="br">
<div class="bl">
Content goes here...  I get a nice box with the content inside the box.
</div> <!-- eof bl -->
</div> <!-- eof br -->
</div> <!-- eof ml -->
</div> <!-- eof mr -->
</div> <!-- eof box -->
</div> <!-- end bigBox -->

When I do the same thing with FusionChart the bottom line does not display. I have tried increasing the height and width of the outside division. I have tried centering the inside div and give it margins. Nothing seems to work. It may be something I am doing wrong. But I just don't see it. ALSO. When I display a map using FusionMap it do not get the side lines either.

Here is the code for the chart:

<div id="smBlue" style="width:100%; height:100%; margin:15px; " >
<div class="box">
<div class="mr">
<div class="ml">
<div class="tr">
<div class="tl">
<h2>Project Values by Project Type</h2>
</div><!-- /#tl -->
</div><!-- /#tr -->
<div class="br">
<div class="bl">
<div id=cwdcChartCntnr005>Generating chart</div>
</div><!-- /#bl -->
</div><!-- /#br -->
</div><!-- /#ml -->
</div><!-- /#mr -->
</div><!-- /#box -->
</div><!-- /#smBlue -->
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
var cwdcChartVar005 = new FusionCharts( "/charts/Pie2D.swf","cwdcChartID005", "400", "300", "0", "1" );
cwdcChartVar005.setXMLUrl("projectTypeSumChartData.action?level=2");
cwdcChartVar005.render("cwdcChartCntnr005");
// -->
</script>

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Glenn

Hi,

It would be great if you can pass a small sample or a live link which we can check out.

I'm sorry. The deadline on this project is looming and I am totally swamped.

I provided the exact code and a screen print of the output but I don't know why the posted image is not showing up.

I am finding that FusionCharts and FusionMaps aren't very friendly with the rest of the web page. I am using CSS to do various positioning and formatting. It is taking an enormous amount of time on each chart to make it fit within my design. I am ending up having to make my boxes wider and longer than they need to be because that's the only way FusionCharts won't screw them up. I have made the assumption that regardless how I set the margins and padding in the XML for a chart it is going to take it's pound of flesh on the output. I have been able to get FusionCharts integrated into the page although I would like a little more control over how much empty space there is around the maps. Every chart has all this white space around it that I can't do anything with. I don't like that at all. But I don't have time to worry with it. My owner has approved it as is with the understanding I will address it later when I have the time.

Now, FusionMaps so far has turned out to be completely impossible. It is not cooperating with the rest of the page at all. But I will take that discussion over to the Maps forum.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Please don't hesitate to contact us in case you have any further queries.

Hope you have a great day!