litlmike

Radar Chart Font Properties Bug?

I am trying to figure out if I stumbled across a bug in the Radar Chart, or if I made some silly mistake that I can't seem to diagnose.

I have a Radar Chart. Yesterday, I tried some various color schemes and then uploaded the results to a remote beta site before I went to bed. When I woke up today I noticed that my local copy of the Radar chart looked dramatically different than what I uploaded. I thought that maybe I had accidentally made a change that I didn't notice, but I have re-created the Radar Chart locally and still getting the same strange behavior. I then compared the rendering code from the local and remote site and found that they are identical. At that point, I began to think that there is a bug in the radar chart. I did some various settings and the only clue I seemed to get is that the issue may have something to do with allowing transparency in the background. But, again the code rendered is the same. Here is the code and here are the pics to show how they are turning out.

Also, I am using ASP.NET/C#. Thanks for the help

Working Code:

var chart_radarScores = new FusionCharts({"dataFormat" : "xml", "renderAt" : "radarScoresDiv", "id" : "radarScores", "debugMode" : "0", "swfUrl" : "/FusionCharts/Radar.swf", "wMode" : "transparent", "width" : "600", "height" : "400", "registerWithJS" : "1","dataSource" : "<chart caption='Your BioForce Fitness Scores' decimals='2' showBorder='0' bgColor='000000' bgAlpha='0' baseFontColor='cc9900' baseFontSize='14' plotFillColor='666666' plotFillAlpha='85' plotBorderColor='660000' radarBorderColor='333333' radarFillColor='cc0000' radarFillAlpha='50' ><categories><category label='Aerobic Fitness' /><category label='Cardio Fitness' /><category label='Muscular Endurance' /><category label='Anaerobic Fitness' /><category label='Explosive Power' /><category label='Strength' /></categories><dataset ><set value='6.8247619' /><set value='6.8247619' /><set value='5.2739560' /><set value='6.4518625' /><set value='6.7997485' /><set value='6.1828305' /></dataset></chart>"}).render();

Working Pic:

workingt.png

By litlmike at 2011-06-03

Not Working Code:

var chart_radarScores = new FusionCharts({"dataFormat" : "xml", "renderAt" : "radarScoresDiv", "id" : "radarScores", "debugMode" : "0", "swfUrl" : "/FusionCharts/Radar.swf", "wMode" : "transparent", "width" : "600", "height" : "400", "registerWithJS" : "1","dataSource" : "<chart caption='Your BioForce Fitness Scores' decimals='2' showBorder='0' bgColor='000000' bgAlpha='0' baseFontColor='cc9900' baseFontSize='14' plotFillColor='666666' plotFillAlpha='85' plotBorderColor='660000' radarBorderColor='333333' radarFillColor='cc0000' radarFillAlpha='50' ><categories><category label='Aerobic Fitness' /><category label='Cardio Fitness' /><category label='Muscular Endurance' /><category label='Anaerobic Fitness' /><category label='Explosive Power' /><category label='Strength' /></categories><dataset ><set value='6.8247619' /><set value='6.8247619' /><set value='5.2739560' /><set value='6.4518625' /><set value='6.7997485' /><set value='6.1828305' /></dataset></chart>"}).render();

Not Working Pic:

notworkingb.png

By litlmike at 2011-06-03

I think I resolved this issue. I believe it was a global machine setting either (software or hardware) that was creating the issue. I am glad to have resolved this, because I was pretty darn sure my coding was accurate. Thanks