Sign in to follow this  
1derboy

Charts As Part Of Site Template Stp (2007)

Good Morning.

I would like to know how to configure the chart web parts so that they do not loose the connection details of the share point list data source.

I am creating a site template in MOSS for a project with Project related MIS charts in a web part page.

However when I save the site as a template and install a new site from that template all the charts are blank and I have to reconfigure each chart again.

If the list references are done via list id references ,can it not be changed to ListName references so that the pages are portable between sites.

Regards.

Hi,

You are correct, currently list references are done using list id since this will always be unique and also to avoid string localization issue, however we'll ask our developer for possibility of using list name instead of list id.

Hi,

You are correct, currently list references are done using list id since this will always be unique and also to avoid string localization issue, however we'll ask our developer for possibility of using list name instead of list id.

Thank you Rahul.

Looking fwd to a solution on this. I had to change my DVWP references to ListNames and it works fine.

Regards.

Hi, i want to do exaclty what is posted in this forum, im using SP 2010. Does anybody know the steps to solve this? Where do we set the references to List Names to have a Chart already created when a new site template is generated?

Regards