Sign in to follow this  
laurent25

Problem With Multiple Export Server Side

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a multiple charts export server side.

Here is what I want to do, export the 5 charts that are on my page by saving each one individually as an JPEG image on my server.

Once it's done call a JS function that will create a pdf with those images.

I have additional data to put in the pdf beside the chart that why i'm not exporting directly in pdf.

Now when I try to export 1 chart it work nicely, the image is saved and the exportCallback is made.

My problem come when i try to export them all, I'm using a JS function that i found in the SampleAppRails3

function exportCharts(exportFormat)

{

initiateExport = true;

for ( var chartRef in FusionCharts.items )

{

//alert(chartRef);

if ( FusionCharts.items[chartRef].exportChart )

{

FusionCharts.items[chartRef].exportChart( {

"exportFormat" : exportFormat

} );

}

else

{

console.log('charts not finished loading');

}

}

}

Two big issues, first for some unknown reason it take several minutes before my first image appear on the server, usualy the others one come soon after.

Althought i see all the export being done immedialty on the server, then nothing in the log. Tried with firefox 3.6 and last version of chrome.

Second the exportCallback is made after each one, not just once at the end.

I have fixed my second issue quite simply.

And i have tested a bit further my first issue. If I ask to export 3 charts at a time it work great and it's fast (Files are created almost immediatly after the flash export progression hit 100%)

But as soon as I try to export more than 3 at a time, it take several minutes to get the file.

Any ideas?

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Glad to know that you have managed to resolve your issue.

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

My page includes 8 charts, I'm trying to export them all with FusionChartsExportObject by passing chart ID array.

It is working in FF and Chrome. But not working well at IE8 and IE9.

I handle FC_Exported function to display the export status to user, e.g. 1/8 Exported, 2/8 Exported, ....

I use global javascript variable to count the exported image count.

But with IE, most of the time, it is stop in the middle of export e.g. 4/8 or 5/8, only a few times it is finish export all.

Is there any way to solve this IE export problem? And FC_Exported function is called when export finish for each chart. Is there any callback function that I can know when all charts are successfully exported to server ?

I also try to change the code to download one chart by one with chartObject.exportChart(); funciton. But it is very slow to export each chart. about 5 minutes take to export 8 charts.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

I am not able to replicate the issue with IE8/IE9. Export functionality is working fine at our end.

For callback function, you would need to add JavaScript Callback Handler in your code.

Ref. Code:

function FC_Exported(objRtn){

if (objRtn.statusCode=="1")

{

alert("The chart was successfully saved on server. The file can be accessed from " + objRtn.fileName);

}

else

{

alert("The chart could not be saved on server. There was an error. Description : " + objRtn.statusMessage);

}

}

For more information, read more here: http://docs.fusionch...ServerSave.html

Hope this helps.

Hi

Are you trying with 8 charts?

I know FC_Exported callback, I just ask about how can I know the time that all 8 charts are completely exported.

Is there any callback for this event ?

Hi,

I am not able to replicate the issue with IE8/IE9. Export functionality is working fine at our end.

For callback function, you would need to add JavaScript Callback Handler in your code.

Ref. Code:

function FC_Exported(objRtn){

if (objRtn.statusCode=="1")

{

alert("The chart was successfully saved on server. The file can be accessed from " + objRtn.fileName);

}

else

{

alert("The chart could not be saved on server. There was an error. Description : " + objRtn.statusMessage);

}

}

For more information, read more here: http://docs.fusionch...ServerSave.html

Hope this helps.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

It is working with 8 charts, callback method will work according to the exporting process sequence, though there is no specific sequence.

The chart which is exported first would call the callback handler.

I hope this helps.

Do you mean if I try to export 8 charts with array like below, callback handler will call same as array sequence? e.g. chartarray index [0] will first, index[1] will second, ..., index[7] will be last ?

myExportComponent.sourceCharts = chartarray;

My requirement is to redirect to another page that download pdf/excel with chart images when the export process is finish all 8 charts. But now it is difficult to know what time all 8 charts are exported or not.

Any solution?

Thanks

Hi,

It is working with 8 charts, callback method will work according to the exporting process sequence, though there is no specific sequence.

The chart which is exported first would call the callback handler.

I hope this helps.

Guest Sumedh

Hi,

I am afraid, FusionCharts does not have a native implementation for this. You would have to implement it on your own.

For redirecting to another page, you would need to write your code for the implementation.

Thanks for your time and support.