Sign in to follow this  
Satya Damarla

Legend Not Showing Up For Pie Chart On Ipad

Hi,

We are trying to render 2D pie chart on iPad using javascript renderer. And we want to render it with Legends, show names and show values. This feature is important for us.

Even after specifying the chart properties showLegend="1" showLabels="1" showValues="1" showNames="1" --- it not rendering any of legends and name/values markings for pie's in pie chart on Apple iPad (using javascript renderer)... But the same works fine on web application using flash object on firefox/IE.

Using "Pie2D.swf" for this.

Below is the XML we are using for this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Chart subcaption="" streamlinedData="0" slicingDistance="5" showFCMenuItem="0" showExportDialog="1"

showBorder="0" numberSuffix="" numberScaleValue="1" numberScaleUnit=""

logoURL="" legendShadow="0" legendBorderColor="cccccc" legendAllowDrag="0"

isSliced="1" hoverCapBgColor="fffde0" formatNumberScale="0"

formatNumber="1" displayValueDistance="5" decimalPrecision="10"

captionPadding="0" caption="PrivateLbl vs NatlBrand" bgColor="ffffff"

baseFontSize="10" baseFont="Arial" showLegend="1" showLabels="1" showValues="1" showNames="1">

<set value="8.92" name="BR "

link="javascript:updateDiv('brandgroup=BR','T77chart_3048_11','3048',2);"

toolText="<b>arc.brandgroup</b>: BR <b>Net Sale Contribution %</b>: 8.92" />

<set value="91.08" name="PR "

link="javascript:updateDiv('brandgroup=PR','T77chart_3048_11','3048',2);"

toolText="<b>arc.brandgroup</b>: PR <b>Net Sale Contribution %</b>: 91.08" />

</Chart>

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

-Satya

Edited by Satya Damarla

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

First of all, we would like to thank you for showing interest in FusionCharts.

Please find the latest JS files attached for your reference.

You would need to copy these JS files in your charts folder.

Hope this works.smile.gif

FusionCharts_June2011_3.2.2Beta_JS.zip

Thank you very very much for the quick reply and appreciate your quick support to resolve the issue.

The fix you gave worked for Pie chart. Now it is showing legends and name/value labels for pie on iPad. So we got pass thru this.

However, we hit into some issues as follows on iPad (this is only on iPad)

- Bubble chart not yet showing legends, data labels.

- Multi-line combi Bar chart not showing y-axis name for multi-series (probably this is how it works)

- Font sizes not reflected for data labels (i.e. font sizes for text coming thru show names/show values text) and Legend text labels for all chart types

These issues are only specific to iPad.. Web-version works fine.

Basically we are extensively using all chart types on iPad. All graphs we want to show legends, show names, show values.

Also a quick question: Is this JS fix you gave is stable? Can we use this JS fix in the production envi?

thanks

Continuing on this, I am looking for quick fix for the following two problems.. Even if a Beta fix can be provided - will work for us.

(1) Below is the XML we are using for bubble chart on iPad. Currently it doesn't show Legend and Labels even we provide showLegend="1" showLabels="1" showNames="1" showValues="1". Can you provide a quick solution/fix for this.

(2) Following is the font size/style (see below XML) we are using for Legends, Data Labels for all graphs such as Pie, Line, Multi-line Bar and Bubble charts... However the font size is not getting reflected for any of the Legend text, data labels, show names/values text. Can you provide a quick solution/fix for this. Let me if any problem with style definition below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<chart zeroPlaneColor="FFFFFF" yaxisname="YOY Net Sales Growth %"

yAxisMinValue="-10.61" yAxisMaxValue="10.61" xaxisname="PVA Sales Variance %"

xAxisMinValue="-5.0" xAxisMaxValue="5.0" toolTipBgColor="fffde0"

subcaption="" showYAxisValues="0" showPlotBorder="0" showFCMenuItem="0" showBorder="0"

showAlternateHGridColor="0" sFormatNumberScale="1" numberScaleValue="1000,1000,1000"

numberScaleUnit="K,M,B" numDivLines="0" logoURL="" is3D="0" formatNumberScale="1" formatNumber="1"

decimals="2" clipBubbles="0" caption="Store Performance" canvasBorderThickness="0"

canvasBorderAlpha="0" borderThickness="0" bgColor="FFFFFF" baseFontSize="10" baseFont="Arial"

showLegend="1" showLabels="1" showNames="1" showValues="1" palette="2" animation="1" showToolTip="1"

legendPosition="BOTTOM" legendCaption="Legend" interactiveLegend="1">

<categories verticalLineThickness="1" verticalLineColor="909090" verticalLineAlpha="100">

<category x="0" showVerticalLine="1" label="" />

</categories>

<dataset><set z="2.85" y="-5.51" x="1.68" toolText="Sales Variance -23.88%" color="6e9400"/></dataset>

<dataset><set z="2.85" y="6.51" x="-3.52" toolText="Sales Variance 17%" color="1e64E0"/> </dataset>

<vTrendlines> <line color="909090" alpha="180" /> </vTrendlines>

<trendlines> <line isTrendZone="0" color="909090" /> </trendlines>

<styles>

<definition>

<style type="font" size="18" name="CaptionStyle" font="Arial" color="000000" bold="1"/>

<style type="font" size="14" name="SubCaptionStyle" font="Arial" bold="0" />

<style type="font" size="16" name="ToolStyle" isHTML="1" bold="1" />

<style type='font' size='12' name='myLabelsFont' bold='0' />

</definition>

<application>

<apply toObject="Caption" styles="CaptionStyle" />

<apply toObject="subcaption" styles="SubCaptionStyle" />

<apply toObject="TOOLTIP" styles="ToolStyle" />

<apply toObject='Legend' styles='myLabelsFont' />

<apply toObject='DataLabels' styles='myLabelsFont' />

</application>

</styles>

</chart>

Hi,

For iPad Bubble charts the SYTLES won't work as of now.

You can use baseFont, baseFontColor, baseFontSize, outCnvBaseFont, outCnvBaseFontColor, outCnvBaseFontSize to set fonts.

To show legends you would need to set seriesName in <dataset> element.

hi, I need something similar, I'm using pie2d with legend, but i need show name and value variables in the legend not just the name. For Example it must say "Legend_1 50%". Can you help me? i have the fusionchart enterprise lisenced the lastest version.

thump_1537977captura.png

Edited by patodeoz

Guest Angshu

Hi,

You would need to specfy the name and value together inisde the <set> element to achieve this.

Please find the sample XML code below:

<chart caption='Company Revenue' showLegend='1' showValues='0'>
   <set label='Legend_1 50%' value='50' />
   <set label='Legend_2 60%' value='32' />
   <set label='Legend_3 70%' value='42' />
</chart>

Hope this helps.smile.gif

Hi,

You would need to specfy the name and value together inisde the <set> element to achieve this.

Please find the sample XML code below:

<set label='Legend_1 50%' value='50' />
   <set label='Legend_2 60%' value='32' />
   <set label='Legend_3 70%' value='42' />
</chart>

mmmm, but that is not a solution is only a patch, because when i put the mouse on the chart it show "Legend_1 50%, 50%". you dont have any function that show the label "Legend_1, 50%" in the legend? i mean, that function exist but that it work in the legend would be great, please thing about it for the next release please.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Please try the same by setting <toolText> attribute inside the <set> element.

Please find the modified XML code below:

<set label='Legend_1 50%' value='50' toolText='Legend_1 50%' />
   <set label='Legend_2 60%' value='32' toolText='Legend_1 60%' />
   <set label='Legend_3 70%' value='42' toolText='Legend_3 70%' />
</chart>

Hi,

i am new for Fusion Charts and Fusion Chart forums.:)

i am struggling with for displaying Legends of Pie Chart in iPad browser.

In my application i have to use Presto Component.In that i have to show PieChart with proper Legends.Everything works fine with respective desktop browser[iE/Safari/FireFox].But while coming to the iPad browser,

1)Charts displayed properly.

2)But Legends not displayed properly.

As your suggestion i added those three files[earlier u mentioned] and called those files in my project.But still i am facing same issue[Legends not displayed].i tried many ways,but still i couldn't able to resolve that issue.

If u have any idea,Please let me know.

Thanks in Advance,

Jayaprakash S

Hi,

You are always welcome.smile.gif

Happy FusionCharting!biggrin.gif

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Could you please try once by setting <showLegend='1'> attribute inside the <chart> element ?

In case the problem persists, please send us the XML code to test it from our end.

Awaiting for your response.

<chart showLegend='1' caption='Company Revenue' showPercentValues='1'><set label='Services' value='10' /><set label='Hardware' value='32' /><set label='Software' value='42' /></chart>

This is the xml we are using. We are able to get the legend in the desktop browser. But when it comes to iPad we are not able to see the legend.

When we added the 3 js files given by you [ FusionCharts.js, highcharts.js and jquery.min.js ] in this thread before we are getting the following error.

Failed to load app - failed to initialize jsclass - Sample.Hello, Result of expression "this.chart.options.chart.FCconf" [undefined] is not an object.

The app is running properly without these js files.

Can you please help us in solving this issue.

Regards,

Jayaprakash

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum! smile.gif

Could you please try once by setting <showLegend='1'> attribute inside the <chart> element ?

In case the problem persists, please send us the XML code to test it from our end.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Please find the latest SR1 beta JS files attached for your reference.

Hope this helps.

FusionChartsSR1-beta2.zip

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Now i can able to run the application [does not showing any error].But still legend not displayed in iPad.

Can you please check it with your end using iPad[same xml what we given earlier] and give us the valuable feedback.

Even in the Desktop browser can able to view the Legends with Chart.The only problem is when it run in iPad browser its not showing the Legends.

Regards,

Jayaprakash S

Hi,

Please find the latest SR1 beta JS files attached for your reference.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Jayaprakash

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Could you please confirm the FusionCharts version you are using?

Hi Sorry for the late response.

Due to some other important task i couldn't able to concentrate on this.

Actually we are using the latest version as 3.

Version No : 3

Also the Build number is 1750.

Using the following Fusion Chart properties we are getting Fusion Chart Version and Build number.

var FCJSMajorVersion = FusionCharts.version[0] ; // returns the major version number i.e., 3

var FCJSbuild = FusionCharts.version[4] ; // returns the build numberWaiting for your valuable response.

Regards,

Jayaprakash S

Hi,

Could you please confirm the FusionCharts version you are using?

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Could you please download the latest version of FusionCharts i.e FusionCharts XT(3.2.2) from : http://www.fusioncharts.com/download/trials/ ?

All the features of FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2) are backward compatible with FusionCharts v3.1. Hence, upgrading is as easy as copy-pasting files.

More details at : http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/?Introduction/Upgrading32.html

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Still I couldn't able to found the solution.Actually i tried the following ways[What you mentioned in the above thred].

1) Copied all SWF[Latest version XT 3.22] files in to the project.

2) Coped FusionCharts.js,FusionCharts.HC.js, FusionCharts.HC.Charts.js in to the project.

3) Clear the browser cache.

For every time it always showing as "failed to load app- There was an error while loading 'jquery.event.drag-2.0.js' in ''jquery.event.drag-drop' library-20 seconds time out".

But with respective the Desktop browser its working fine.The only problem is while running this application in iPad browser.

i struct here for long time.Please help me to come out this issue.

Regards

Jayaprakash S

Hi,

Could you please download the latest version of FusionCharts i.e FusionCharts XT(3.2.2) from : http://www.fusioncha...ownload/trials/ ?

All the features of FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2) are backward compatible with FusionCharts v3.1. Hence, upgrading is as easy as copy-pasting files.

More details at : http://docs.fusionch...pgrading32.html

Hope this helps.

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Could you please send us a scaled down sample to look into the issue?

hi,

We are using the following XML code for our presto application. Can you please Add this source with your sample app and check it in your iPad [if possible].

var newXml = "<chart caption='Top 5 Employees for 1996' palette='2' animation='1' subCaption='(Click to slice out or right click to choose rotation mode)' YAxisName='Sales Achieved' showValues='0' numberPrefix='$' formatNumberScale='0' showPercentInToolTip='0' showLabels='0' showLegend='1'><set label='Leverling' value='100524' isSliced='0' /><set label='Fuller' value='87790' isSliced='0' /><set label='Davolio' value='81898' isSliced='0' /><set label='Peacock' value='76438' isSliced='0' /><set label='King' value='57430' isSliced='0' /><styles><definition><style type='font' name='CaptionFont' color='666666' size='15' /><style type='font' name='SubCaptionFont' bold='0' /></definition><application><apply toObject='caption' styles='CaptionFont' /><apply toObject='SubCaption' styles='SubCaptionFont' /></application></styles></chart>";

var myChart = new FusionCharts("/prestohub/third-party/FusionCharts/Charts/Pie3D.swf", "idGraph_demo", "100%", "100%", "0", "0");

Regards,

Jayaprakash S

Hi,

Could you please send us a scaled down sample to look into the issue?

Hi Angshu,

Did u checked those xml with your end[Create sample app and check it in your iPad].

Awaiting for ur response.

Regards,

Jayaprakash S

hi,

We are using the following XML code for our presto application. Can you please Add this source with your sample app and check it in your iPad [if possible].

var newXml = "<chart caption='Top 5 Employees for 1996' palette='2' animation='1' subCaption='(Click to slice out or right click to choose rotation mode)' YAxisName='Sales Achieved' showValues='0' numberPrefix='$' formatNumberScale='0' showPercentInToolTip='0' showLabels='0' showLegend='1'><set label='Leverling' value='100524' isSliced='0' /><set label='Fuller' value='87790' isSliced='0' /><set label='Davolio' value='81898' isSliced='0' /><set label='Peacock' value='76438' isSliced='0' /><set label='King' value='57430' isSliced='0' /><styles><definition><style type='font' name='CaptionFont' color='666666' size='15' /><style type='font' name='SubCaptionFont' bold='0' /></definition><application><apply toObject='caption' styles='CaptionFont' /><apply toObject='SubCaption' styles='SubCaptionFont' /></application></styles></chart>";

var myChart = new FusionCharts("/prestohub/third-party/FusionCharts/Charts/Pie3D.swf", "idGraph_demo", "100%", "100%", "0", "0");

Regards,

Jayaprakash S

Edited by Jayaprakash