cthorn

Sub Caption Text

Hello,

We just upgraded to the v3 version of FusionCharts and installed it on our webserver that was previously hosting charts made with the FusionCharts Free package. I went to update one of the charts to display using the new v3 package files and I have found that the text I have established as being the subCaption and xaxisname for the chart is now displaying incorrectly.

Instead of seeing certain characters I see number % combinations, such as " %26lt; " ?

Am I missing a setting that can turn this back to how it used to look under the free version?

I've attached an export of the graph showing what I am running into now.

Any suggestions appreciated.

-Chris

post-17076-012529600 1309212230_thumb.jpg

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

Could you please send us the XML code to test it from our end?

Please confirm whether you are using setDataXML() or setDataURL() method.

Awaiting for your response.

I'm actually using the PHP Class functions to build and render the chart, so it goes straight out to the swf with $FC->renderChart();

The resulting page ends up with this:

<!-- START Script Block for Chart StackedColumn2D3 --> <div id="StackedColumn2D3Div"> Chart. </div> <script type="text/javascript" > var chart_StackedColumn2D3 = new FusionCharts("../chartsrc/v3/Charts/StackedColumn2D.swf", "StackedColumn2D3", "1000", "380", "0", "0", "","noScale","EN"); chart_StackedColumn2D3.setTransparent("true"); //Provide entire XML data using dataXML method chart_StackedColumn2D3.setDataXML("<chart bgAlpha='0' caption='Net Promoter %26 Overall Store Experience - Cumulative Score' showLedgend='1' shownames='1' decimalprecision='0' showPercentageValues='1' showPercentageInLabel='0' animation='1' showValues='1' showBarShadow='1' baseFont='Arial' baseFontSize='11' manageLabelOverflow='1' useEllipsesWhenOverflow='1' showDivLineValue='1' showLimits='1' placeValuesInside='0' subCaption='%26lt;u%26gt;Date: 06-28-2011%26lt;/u%26gt;' chartTopMargin='0' chartBottomMargin='0' xaxisname='%26lt;u%26gt;Sales Area:%26lt;/u%26gt; National %26lt;u%26gt;Regions:%26lt;/u%26gt; All Regions %26lt;BR%26gt;%26lt;u%26gt;District:%26lt;/u%26gt; All Districts %26lt;BR%26gt;%26lt;u%26gt;Buyer Segments:%26lt;/u%26gt; All %26lt;u%26gt;NPS Category:%26lt;/u%26gt; All Categories %26lt;BR%26gt;%26lt;u%26gt;Store Group:%26lt;/u%26gt; All Stores' useRoundEdges='1' exportEnabled='1' exportAtClient='1' exportHandler='fcExporter1' exportFileName='SelectComfort' rotateNames='0' yAxisMinValue='0' yAxisMaxValue='100' ><categories ><category label=' 2010 Quarter 4 ' /><category label=' 2011 Quarter 1 ' /><category label=' 2011 Quarter 2 ' /></categories><dataset ><set value='92' /><set value='93' /><set value='93' /></dataset></chart>"); chart_StackedColumn2D3.render("StackedColumn2D3Div"); </script> <!-- END Script Block for Chart StackedColumn2D3 -->

But I can assure you that when I establish the chart parameters in PHP the %26 and other wacky characters were not in there. Again this was not a problem with the free version of the charts.

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

Could you please send us the XML code to test it from our end?

Please confirm whether you are using setDataXML() or setDataURL() method.

Awaiting for your response.

If it helps, this is actually the string that gets sent in to become the subcaption and the xaxisname text:

Subcaption:

<u>Date: 06-28-2011</u>

XAxisName:

<u>Sales Area:</u> National <u>Regions:</u> All Regions <br><u>District:</u> All Districts <br><u>Buyer Segments:</u> All <u>NPS Category:</u> All Categories <br><u>Store Group:</u> All Stores<hr/>

The HTML formatting tags worked in the free version.

I'm actually using the PHP Class functions to build and render the chart, so it goes straight out to the swf with $FC->renderChart();

The resulting page ends up with this:

<!-- START Script Block for Chart StackedColumn2D3 --> <div id="StackedColumn2D3Div"> Chart. </div> <script type="text/javascript" > var chart_StackedColumn2D3 = new FusionCharts("../chartsrc/v3/Charts/StackedColumn2D.swf", "StackedColumn2D3", "1000", "380", "0", "0", "","noScale","EN"); chart_StackedColumn2D3.setTransparent("true"); //Provide entire XML data using dataXML method chart_StackedColumn2D3.setDataXML("<chart bgAlpha='0' caption='Net Promoter %26 Overall Store Experience - Cumulative Score' showLedgend='1' shownames='1' decimalprecision='0' showPercentageValues='1' showPercentageInLabel='0' animation='1' showValues='1' showBarShadow='1' baseFont='Arial' baseFontSize='11' manageLabelOverflow='1' useEllipsesWhenOverflow='1' showDivLineValue='1' showLimits='1' placeValuesInside='0' subCaption='%26lt;u%26gt;Date: 06-28-2011%26lt;/u%26gt;' chartTopMargin='0' chartBottomMargin='0' xaxisname='%26lt;u%26gt;Sales Area:%26lt;/u%26gt; National %26lt;u%26gt;Regions:%26lt;/u%26gt; All Regions %26lt;BR%26gt;%26lt;u%26gt;District:%26lt;/u%26gt; All Districts %26lt;BR%26gt;%26lt;u%26gt;Buyer Segments:%26lt;/u%26gt; All %26lt;u%26gt;NPS Category:%26lt;/u%26gt; All Categories %26lt;BR%26gt;%26lt;u%26gt;Store Group:%26lt;/u%26gt; All Stores' useRoundEdges='1' exportEnabled='1' exportAtClient='1' exportHandler='fcExporter1' exportFileName='SelectComfort' rotateNames='0' yAxisMinValue='0' yAxisMaxValue='100' ><categories ><category label=' 2010 Quarter 4 ' /><category label=' 2011 Quarter 1 ' /><category label=' 2011 Quarter 2 ' /></categories><dataset ><set value='92' /><set value='93' /><set value='93' /></dataset></chart>"); chart_StackedColumn2D3.render("StackedColumn2D3Div"); </script> <!-- END Script Block for Chart StackedColumn2D3 -->

But I can assure you that when I establish the chart parameters in PHP the %26 and other wacky characters were not in there. Again this was not a problem with the free version of the charts.

Hi,

I am afraid, FusionCharts does not support HTML tags like <u> anywhere except on the "tooltip".

However, to apply HTML styling on any object like "<", ">", etc, please try using "Font Styles" with the attribute "isHTML" set to '1' on that object.

Ex:

<styles>
<definition>
   	<style name='MyFirstFontStyle' type='font' isHTML='1' />
</definition>
<application>
   	<apply toObject='SUBCAPTION' styles='MyFirstFontStyle' />
   	<apply toObject='XAXISNAME' styles='MyFirstFontStyle' />
</application>
 </styles>

Hope this helps.