Sign in to follow this  
PeterJP

Fusioncharts Jsp Blueprintapp Example Error

Good Day,

I'm a Java / Grails developer and would like to try out FusionCharts, I though I would start out with looking at the JSP based samples and then porting the knowledge gained there to Grails. I have downloaded the JSP sample code and am struggling to get it working on Tomcat. I am running apache-tomcat-6.0.32.

I followed the instructions and copied the BluePrintApp and WEB-INF files to my Tomcat webapp folder and edited the relevant server.xml and web.xml files as per the instructions.

However navigating to BluePrintApp/Default.jsp tomcat throws the following error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /./Includes/YearSelectionForm.jsp(10,0) The value for the useBean class attribute com.infosoftglobal.fusioncharts.DBConnection is invalid. org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:40) org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:407) org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:148) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator$GenerateVisitor.visit(Generator.java:1231) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$UseBean.accept(Node.java:1178) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2361) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visitBody(Node.java:2411) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visit(Node.java:2417) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Root.accept(Node.java:495) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2361) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visitBody(Node.java:2411) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visit(Node.java:2435) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$IncludeDirective.accept(Node.java:656) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2361) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visitBody(Node.java:2411) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visit(Node.java:2417) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Root.accept(Node.java:495) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2361) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Generator.generate(Generator.java:3442) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:231) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:347) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:327) org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:314) org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:592) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:326) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

I have tried importing the files into a Netbeans project and running it tomcat 7, I get the same error there though.

There is obviously a bean issue, a cursory series of google searches did not yield any useful results.

Any ideas?