Sign in to follow this  
rocky1518

Need To Export Charts Outside Viewing Area In Ie

I have a website with multiple charts being displayed. The div they are contained in is set to overflow auto. The problem I am having is that when I select my button to export all the charts server side the charts that are in the visible portion of the div export with no problem but I have to scroll to the other charts in order for them to export. My problem is not so much the rendering it is the export after the rendering. The button is displayed below all the charts so in order for them to get to the button they scroll down which in turn renders all the charts. The page has lets say 7 charts and when the button is clicked all the charts should export to a folder in the server. In Firefox and Chrome when I push the button all the charts export at the same time, but in IE only the charts that are in the visible viewing area on the screen will export and the only way to get the remaining charts to export you have to put them in the visible viewing area. This problem is only happening in Internet Explorer versions 7,8,9 - it exports all the charts fine in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari

I am using Fusion Charts v3, php 5.3, and flash 10.3

In modern Flash Players the charts (flash movies loaded in the Flash player) do not get rendered if they do not come into the visual window. Hence, this. As workaround, you can try using some JavaScript to auto scroll down to the bottom of the page and comeback to the original position before calling the export function.

Hi guys,

I Have the same problem as rocky1518 described. I tried to implementing the autoscroll via javascript and works perfectly in FF, Chrome, Opera e etc, but not work on IE.

On IE, the export initiates normally when I position the chart on the viewing area (via javascript), but on document scroll the export stop and only finish if i put again the chart on the viewing area manually.

how I could solve this problem?

In modern Flash Players the charts (flash movies loaded in the Flash player) do not get rendered if they do not come into the visual window. Hence, this. As workaround, you can try using some JavaScript to auto scroll down to the bottom of the page and comeback to the original position before calling the export function.

Rather then implementing the autoscroll, what you can do is before trying to export the charts move all of the charts to the top of your page. Instead of moving them so that they are fully visible, leave only one column of pixels visible in the top left. This way the flash player in IE thinks that the charts are in the visible area and will give them processor time for rendering and for gathering image data. If you set the chart div style.position equal to 'fixed' then the charts will remain in the top left of the screen even when you scroll. The charts will appear to disappear from your page, but you can move them back once they are done having their image data collected. You may consider implementing a grayout so that this disappear/reappear is less obvious.