Sign in to follow this  
pkianka

Fusion Is Not An Option For Creating First Chart?

I just installed Fusion Charts for Sharepoint on Sharepoint 2007 WSS 3.0 When I go to create a new web part, there are no Fusion web parts available to choose from. Am I missing something? Is there a different process to add a chart or maybe something I need to configure or enable? Having a difficult time finding any documentation. Thanks.

Edited by pkianka

Hi,

After installation, you'll need to open your SP Page in Edit Mode then Click on "Add a Web Part" and in the Web Part Dialog box you'll find FusionCharts for SharePoint and if it is not there, then could you please try checking the following:

1. Please check if FusionCharts.webpart and BatchExport.webpart are present in "Site Settings" >> "Galleries" >> "Web Parts"

And,

2. If there is an entry named "FusionCharts for SharePoint" in "Site Settings" >> "Site Collection Administration" >> "Site collection features" location.

That's exactly how I was trying to add the web part and Fusion was not there.

I did try the other locations as you suggested

1. The FusionCharts.webpart and BatchExport.webpart were NOT present in "Site Settings" >> "Galleries" >> "Web Parts"

2. There were entries named "FusionCharts for SharePoint" in "Site Settings" >> "Site Collection Administration" >> "Site collection features" location.

They needed to be activated. Once I activated them, they are now available to select when creating new web parts.

Thanks for your fast response!

-Pete

Hi Pete,

You are most welcome. It seems somehow the feature was not activated automatically, so needed to activate it manually.

Anyway, its glad to know its working now.