Sign in to follow this  
TomMancine

PowerCharts DragLine interactivity

I'm trying to develop a screen in our application showing a table of values and a DragLine graph visualizing that data. I would like to know:

1. Can I register a javascript callback to be fired when a point is dragged and dropped? Previous forum comments make it seem like this is not the case, but they are several months old. Is this functionality now present, or planned for a future release?

2. Is there an option that can be set to display the value label of a given point as it is being dragged? In the absence of (1) I need a way to provide my users with some feedback about the value of the point they are selecting.

3. Even when using the formAction property, it appears that the form submit only occurs when clicking the button (verified using Fiddler). Does the swf perform any action (Javascript callback, form submission) that can be observed externally when a point is dragged? Can I tell the DragLine graph to submit after points are dragged instead of when the button is clicked?

I am using a fully-licensed copy of PowerCharts v3, if that helps with any of the answers.

Thanks,

Tom Mancine

Guest Rajroop

Hello Tom,

I'm afraid non of the features that you have requested for are supported by PowerCharts, as of now.

:P

Your suggestions are very important to us. I have uploaded your feature request on our wishlist. :)

Thank you for the reply, and for considering our feature requests for inclusion in your product.

I am pleased to say that the getChartFromId method is sufficiently speedy for our purposes that we are able to poll several times a second to check for modifications with minimal impact on the CPU usage of customers' browsers; however, if some sort of event subscription becomes available, we would definitely be interested. Similarly, the ability to display a label next to the point being dragged is currently something we can live without, but would definitely be interested in if it became available in the future.

Guest Rajroop

Hello,

I'm glad you found the solution to your issue.

We'll make sure to keep you up to date on our upgrades/releases as and when they become a reality. :)