Sign in to follow this  
Brian Maring

Preload maps

I am using an editable linear gauge with dates on it going back several years. I have set up the gauge so that it updates a fusion map with the data corresponding to the year on the gauge. I am concerned about the rendering time when changing the data for the map. Would it be possible to save 5 or so graphs as jpegs in Javascript so that they can be loaded server side?

Thanks,

Brian

Guest Rajroop

Hello Brian,

I apologize for the delay in the reply.

This is very much possible using FusionCharts. Lets see how! :)

Given below is the link of the list of JavaScript APIs supported by the Linear gauge. There, you would find two methods/functions that would have to be used for your purpose, namely, getData(pointerIndex) and getDataForId(pointerId). Using any one of these functions you could track the value of the Linear gauge, and in your case, which year. There on, you would have to construct your code to load a pre-saved jpeg on to the server-side, which is also possible.

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/docs/Contents/Linear_JSPAPI.html

I hope I have been able to carry out my thoughts on this issue aptly.

Thanks Rajroop,

I know how to get the pointer value from the linear gauge. However, I'm not sure how to preload a FusionMap as a jpeg. Is there anyway that I could preload client side?

Thanks,

Brian