Sign in to follow this  
Guest Madhumita

adding new custom options in right hand click

HI,

I looked at the various examples but it seems like we can only enable or disable the prebuild options in right click. Is there a way to add some custom options in right click. I want to give new options based on our applications.

Please let me know if it is posisble.

Thanks and Best regards, Divya.

Guest Madhumita

Hi Divya,

You can customize the menu item using the following attributes in the <chart> element:

showAboutMenuItem : Boolean( 0/1 )--->Setting this to 1 shows up a custom context menu in the chart, which can be customized to show your text and can be linked to your URL. For e.g., you can set the context menu of the chart to include "About your company name" and then link to your company home page. By default, the chart shows "About FusionCharts" when right clicked.

aboutMenuItemLabel : String---> The menu item label for the custom context menu item.

aboutMenuItemLink : String ---> URL Link for the custom context menu item. You can specify the link in FusionCharts link format to be able to open the same in new window, pop-ups, frames or as JavaScript links.

Please refer to the following link:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs/Contents/AttDesc/CustomAboutMenu.html

Hope this helps. :D

HI Madhumita,

Thanks for the reply. Actually my question was to add more than one custom options in the right click. I guess I can popup a window or somethign and ask user to perform an action from there but I was just wondering if we can add multiple custom options in the right click. Please let me know.

Thanks,Divya.

Guest Madhumita

Hello Divya,

As of now, you can only add one custom menu label in FusionCharts.

However, you can try and edit the source to achieve your requirements.

Hi Madhumita,

I'm also interesting in such functionality. Looking through a discussion I'd like to clarify two moments:

1)

As of now, you can only add one custom menu label in FusionCharts.

Did you mean that we can only customize "About..." menu item or add one custom field (in addition to "About...")?

2)

However, you can try and edit the source to achieve your requirements.

Which source did you mentioned? Flex or JavaScript? To me modifying JavaScript is preferable as it doesn't required building binaries (swf)

and one more question

3) Is it possible to make "About.." link or any custom menu item action sensitive to mouse position?

I'd like to use several drill-down urls. One of the possibility to provide options in popup menu.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by Guest

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi Andrew,

1) As of now, FusionCharts support the customization of only the "About..." option of the Context Menu.

2) Please try editing the source codes of the chart to achieve your requirements. Please take a look into the link below for the details of our 'Enterprise License' which would provide you the source code(both .fla as well as .as files) of the chart.

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/Licensing.asp

3) Please try using JavaScript to customize your code to acheive the requirements.

Also, please take a look into the link below for the details of the Drill-Down functionality:-

Ref.- http://www.fusioncharts.com/docs?/DrillDown/Simple.html

Hope this helps. :D

Edited by Guest

Guest Basundhara Ghosal

Hi,

FusionMaps for Flex is now out of Beta.

We are happy to release FusionMaps for Flex v1.0 - animated, interactive and dynamic maps for your Adobe Flex Solutions.

FusionMaps for Flex boasts of the following:

* Provides over 314 maps including all continents, countries, US states, and states/counties of a lot of other countries.

* Supports dynamic-resizing.

* API for Drill-down, mouse interactivity, export etc.

* Custom Markers, shapes, connector lines.

* Works with Flex Builder 2, Flex Builder 3 and Flash Builder 4 (Flex SDK 2/3/4).

* Simple copy-paste style installation.

* Lots of code samples and extensive documentation.

You may download the beta from www.fusioncharts.com/flex/download.

You may see the online demos at :

www.fusioncharts.com/flex/demos/us-election/index.html or

www.fusioncharts.com/flex/demos/us-employment-distribution/index.html.

You may see all the map using our interactive Map Explorer.

To read more on how to use FusionMaps for Flex, you may also visit the Online Documentation at www.fusioncharts.com/flex/docs/maps.

Your feedback is VERY important to us and we would love to hear any suggestions, complaints, modifications, feature requests, compliments etc.