Sign in to follow this  
mkronberg

Angular Widget Questions

Hello Folks,

First of all, I'd like to compliment you on your products.

I am a customer of Fusion Charts for some time now, and my experience with them was fantastic. No complaints whatsoever.

Recently I started to play with real time charts, and again was impressed by the capabilities of the widgets.

I got two questions:

On the front page of the widgets page, (http://www.fusioncharts.com/widgets/gallery.asp) we can see on the top panel 2 examples of the angular real time charts, a blue and a black one, with a very nice highlight reflex on them, that I was not able to recreate on my charts.

Do you guys have some sort of example gallery (for designers) or visual guide to reproduce nice effects like these, or if possible, help me achieve this specific effect?

On the real time angular gauge. Lets say that my upperLimit is 100. If my real time data stream tries to feed the chart with a value larger than that, the chart simply does not update.

I think the correct thing to do should be to just move the dial to the end of the scale, and let the annotations display the actual large value correctly.

Another possibility should be the automatic correction of the upperLimit, once it is reached.

Am I missing something important?

Thanks a lot

Marcelo

Guest Rajroop

Hey Marcelo,

Please find my responses to your queries as below.

1. On the front page of the widgets page, (http://www.fusioncha...ets/gallery.asp) we can see on the top panel 2 examples of the angular real time charts, a blue and a black one, with a very nice highlight reflex on them, that I was not able to recreate on my charts. Do you guys have some sort of example gallery (for designers) or visual guide to reproduce nice effects like these, or if possible, help me achieve this specific effect?

>>> In the link: FusionWidgets Gallery you'll find that all the individual Angular gauges have the "View XML" button below them, when you click on them. All the visual modifications that have been done on the gauges is from and can be found in the XML itself.

2. On the real time angular gauge. Lets say that my upperLimit is 100. If my real time data stream tries to feed the chart with a value larger than that, the chart simply does not update. I think the correct thing to do should be to just move the dial to the end of the scale, and let the annotations display the actual large value correctly. Another possibility should be the automatic correction of the upperLimit, once it is reached.

>>> You have noted correctly here that the Real-time Angular gauge does not update the 'upperLimit' when the value passed to it breaches the same.

As always, your suggestions are very important to us. I have made a note of your suggestion.