Sign in to follow this  
scorbett

Heatmap Chart: How To Disable Tooltips Without Also Disabling Mouseover Cell Highlighting?

I've set up a basic Heat Map chart that has data values displaying in each table cell. When I mouse over a cell, I see the border of the selected cell gets animated a bit to show which cell the mouse is currently over - this is a nice effect, and I'd like to keep it. Unfortunately, it seems linked to the tooltips for the chart. This is a problem for me because the default tooltips for my chart are redundant with the data actually showing in each cell. You can see this in the first image attachment:

post-12627-068146100 1305299078_thumb.png

I'd like to hide the tooltips, but I find that if I do this, I also lose the current cell border mouseover highlighting, as you can see in the second image attachment:

post-12627-003753100 1305299095_thumb.png

I've tried setting a blank tooltext value for each data cell, like

toolText=''

but the chart seems to ignore this and still shows the default tooltext instead. I've also tried using blank spaces as the tooltip text, hoping that the chart would realize that there's no point in displaying it, like this:

toolText=' '

but then you end up with an empty tooltip display, as you can see in the third image attachment:

post-12627-026201300 1305299687_thumb.png

Is it possible to hide tooltips on this chart while still keeping the mouseover cell border highlighting?

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Welcome to FusionCharts Forum!smile.gif

I am afraid, heat map chart does not support the feature you are looking for, at this time.

We have taken a note of your request here and added the same in our wishlist.

We will try to implement this feature in our future upgrades.

Hope you have a great day!