Sign in to follow this  
xplorerdev

Absolute Newbie: Need help in displaying my first chart.

Hi Gurus,

Having in GUI oriented BI tools I am trying out my luck in FusionCharts. I have done the following till now:

1) Downloaded the zip package i.e. fusioncharts-suite-xt.zip file from the website. Unzipped it to view the folders.

2) Next, I created a folder by the name fusioncharts in my C:\ drive.

3) In this folder I pasted the contents of the js folder from the downloaded package.

4) Next, I copied the HTML code present at the following location into notepad and saved it as .htm.

http://www.fusioncharts.com/dev/usage-guide/getting-started/your-first-charts/building-your-first-chart.html

5) Now I am trying to open this file in IE.

6) It says, 'Chart type not supported'.

7) I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

What is that I am not doing or doing not right? I feel it;s something very basic that I am missing right now.

Would really appreciate some help in this regards.

Thanks n Regards

post-66637-0-33893000-1437629368_thumb.png

To me it sounds like you HTML is not locating your javascript libraries so you may not have the correct path set in your HTML.

So,

1. created a folder in your root c: called "fusioncharts".  The complete path witll be "c:\fusioncharts"
  2. copy the contents of the unzipped download "js" folder to c:\fusioncharts. So in c:\fusioncharts you will see two folders, maps and themes, and 6 javascript files
  3. copy the attached HTML to the c:\fusioncharts folder
  4. in the c:\fusioncharts folder, doubleclick the file "firstchart.html" to load it into IE.  You may get an "activex" or script warning since you are executing it locally.  Go ahead and allow"blocked content" to run.
  5. the chart should now appear

Take a look at the HTML and you can see how the javascript libraries are referenced "relative" to the html file location.

Hope this helps.

firstchart.html