Sign in to follow this  
artur_mkrtchyan

Everything Works Great Except Ie8 Rendering.

Hi There,

Currently we are using FusionCharts 3.2.2 Beta version.

Everything works great except IE8 rendering.

we are getting Invalid argument error while testing under IE8 even IE7 renders charts great. (problem exists on Flash mode only)

I have replaceed 3.2.2 FusionCharts.js with 3.2.1's FusionCharts.js and Flash charts started to render under IE8.

has someone faced this issue and resolved this on 3.2.2 ?

Is it known issue ?

Thanks,

Artur Mkrtchyan

Hey Artur,

If Compatibility View is turned on in IE 8, FusionCharts renders without causing an error.

This issue has been reported and our developers are looking into the same. We would update you soon on the same.

Even Demos under Gallery folder didn't work on IE8 :(

Hey Artur,

If Compatibility View is turned on in IE 8, FusionCharts renders without causing an error.

This issue has been reported and our developers are looking into the same. We would update you soon on the same.

Any updates on this issue? I've got reports from users on this same matter just like described here: http://forum.fusioncharts.com/topic/10332-fusion-charts-not-rendering-in-ie-8

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Our developers are working on this issue and will update you ASAP.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Hope you have a great day!

Hi,

I'm having the same problem here. Everything works fine except in IE8 standard mode.

I tried the version FusionCharts XT(v3.2.2) SR4 (Released on 6th August, 2012) and the problem stills there.

Although, I've been troubleshooting the problem since this is critical for us and I found that the problem (at least here) is related with the usage of charts identifiers containing ':'. I replaced every occurrence of that char by another one (e.g. '_') and the error disappeared.

So, if you have in your code something like:

var chart = new FusionCharts(CharType,"myPage:ChartId", Width, Height);

try to replace it by:

var chart = new FusionCharts(CharType,"myPage_ChartId", Width, Height);

and see if it works fine.

Could you please validate if this is a bug and fix it in the next release?

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

Could you please re-download the FusionCharts XT (v3.2.2) Service Release 1 and see if this issue is resolved?

Ref.- Evaluation version: http://www.fusioncha...ownload/trials/

Licensed version: http://www.fusioncharts.com/PUC/

I hope this helps. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.

Hi,

Please note that this is not an issue but a standard format that FusionCharts supports.

As per the JavaScript standard, the Chart ID should be a variable name and it should not contain special characters like ":", "?", etc and space in between. This might cause issues which might be browser specific.

Also, we would recommend you to use the alpha-numeric characters with "_" for the Chart ID and that should not start with a number.

Hope this helps. :)

Ok.

The problem here occurs because we are using JSF which generates identifiers with ":".

As example, the following control in JSF:

<h:inputText id="foo1" >

is rendered as:

<input id="j_id_jsp_115874224_691:table1:0:foo1"
  	name="j_id_jsp_115874224_691:table1:0:foo1" />

Since we are using the identifier of the control to generate the charts identifiers we reached that problem.

Maybe there are more people reporting this problem that are using the same pattern, that's why I posted here the solution.

Thanks

Hi,

Please note that this is not an issue but a standard format that FusionCharts supports.

As per the JavaScript standard, the Chart ID should be a variable name and it should not contain special characters like ":", "?", etc and space in between. This might cause issues which might be browser specific.

Also, we would recommend you to use the alpha-numeric characters with "_" for the Chart ID and that should not start with a number.

Hope this helps. :)

Any updates on this issue?

I am having the same problem

post-38886-0-05274600-1363116496_thumb.png

Hi,

Our developers are working on this issue and will update you ASAP.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Hope you have a great day!

I have not that much time . It's urgent .

Could you please send me an answer ?

Hi,

Please note that we have tested your XML by removing "#" from the color Hex codes, providing random values to your "value" attribute in the <set> element and no data for "numDivLines" and we found the chart is rendering perfectly at our end, in IE 8. Please check with the attached screenshot and XML for your reference.

<chart showlabels="1" showvalues="0" showlegend="1" legendposition="left" showborder="1" bordercolor="d6dddf" canvasbordercolor="888888" canvasborderthickness="1" basefontcolor="000000" basefontsize="11" decimals="0" canvasbgcolor="d6dddf" bgalpha="0" plotgradientcolor="" showyaxisvalues="1" plotborderthickness="0" outcnvbasefontcolor="6C808C" showpercentvalues="1" bgratio="0" startingangle="200" animation="1" numdivlines="" divlinecolor="d6dddf" showalternatehgridcolor="0" plotspacepercent="15">
<set value="10" label="< 7 Days" color="00CCFF" link="javascript:programHealth.displayIssuesAging(\'lt7\', \'' + chartName + '\');"/>
<set value="10" label="7-14 Days" color="58BB50" link="javascript:programHealth.displayIssuesAging(\'7to14\', \'' + chartName + '\');"/>
<set value="10" label="15-30 Days" color="EEC346" link="javascript:programHealth.displayIssuesAging(\'15to30\', \'' + chartName + '\');"/>
<set value="10" label="> 30 Days" color="D62030" link="javascript:programHealth.displayIssuesAging(\'gt30\', \'' + chartName + '\');"/>
<styles>
    <definition>
    <style type="Shadow" name="newCanvasStyle" angle="130" color="000000" alpha="100" blurx="0" blury="0" strength="5"/>
    </definition>
    <application>
    <apply toobject="Canvas" styles="newCanvasStyle"/>
    </application>
</styles>
</chart>

post-8144-0-10724300-1363173280_thumb.jp 

In case this does not help, please provide us with the generated XML and the chart type you are using so that we might test it.

Also, if possible, please upgrade your current version to the latest version of FusionCharts XT (v3.3.1) and see if this helps.

Hope this helps. smile.gif