cfchart

Error: A.options Is Undefined

Hello,

I am testing an upgrade to FusionCharts 3.2.2 from 3.1 and am consistently getting an error that reads "a.options is undefined" in Firebug. The error is on line 135 of the minified version of FusionCharts.js--

a.core.addEventListener("Loaded",function(a){
	a=a.sender;
	if(a.options.renderer==="javascript")
     	a.getDataAsCSV=a.ref.getDataAsCSV=a.getCSVData
})

I can eliminate the error by changing this to:

a.core.addEventListener("Loaded",function(a){
	a=a.sender;
	if(a.options && a.options.renderer==="javascript")
     	a.getDataAsCSV=a.ref.getDataAsCSV=a.getCSVData
})

But I am assuming that would just mask the underlying issue. Any ideas?

-CFCHART

I just realized the issue-- I didn't realize that another FusionCharts.js was included a few lines after the initial include. We are also using FusionWidgets which also uses a version of FusionCharts.js. So another question--

Is there an issue with using FusionWidgets 3.1.1 with FusionCharts 3.2.2 since they both use a version of FusionCharts.js?

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Please note that you would not need to include two js Files in your HTML code.

Please use the latest js files from the FusionCharts XT(3.2.2) to render your chart and widgets.

If you want to render only Fusionwidgets, then you would need to use the js files from FusionWidgets pack.

Hope this clarifies your query.

Please note that you would not need to include two js Files in your HTML code.

Please use the latest js files from the FusionCharts XT(3.2.2) to render your chart and widgets.

If you want to render only Fusionwidgets, then you would need to use the js files from FusionWidgets pack.

Angshu, thanks for your confirming my finding. One question I have is if I am using both FusionCharts and FusionWidgets in the same project and the renderer is set to JavaScript:

FusionCharts.setCurrentRenderer("javascript");

This would cause issues for any FusionWidgets that are used throughout the project right? Or will the widgets override this and render the Flash widgets? Since FusionCharts and FusionWidgets are coupled to the same JS file, is there any way to decouple the renderer?

Guest Angshu

Hi,

Please note that the current version of FusionWidgets(v3.1.1) does not support JavaScript rendering, this will be supported in our next release i.e v 3.2

Hence, you can use the latest js file from FusionCharts pack(v3.2.2) to render JavaScript chart, but Fusiowidgets will render as Flash.

Hope this helps.

Please note that the current version of FusionWidgets(v3.1.1) does not support JavaScript rendering, this will be supported in our next release i.e v 3.2

Thanks Angshu. Will FusionMaps be upgraded at that time as well? Also, if we have a custom map, will that also be render-able in JS?

Guest Angshu

Hi,

We are unable to commit you any exact timeline, but we will definitely get back to you once there is any news from our end regarding the release.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and patronage.

Hope you have a great day!