Sign in to follow this  
sanjaysutar

Zoomline Chart Plotting

Hi,

I am using zoomline chart to plot large number of data points (8000+). I have 8 data series.

Now I have 2 questions:

1. how to plot point with x and y value. In the sample you have mentioned data points to be separated by |

<dataset seriesname="2006">27400|29800|25800|26800|29600|32600|31800|36700|29700|31900|34800|24800</dataset>

<dataset seriesname="2005">10000|11500|12500|15000|11000|9800|11800|19700|21700|21900|22900|20800</dataset>

I was wondering how to write <set y='2.4' x='21' /> into x | y | x | y format.

2. What are categories ?

<categories>Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep|Oct|Nov|Dec</categories>

The above category comes as scale of X axis.

What if my series contains points whose x value is in the range of 0 to 2000, and I want to show X axis scale from 0 to 2000 with interval of 500 ?

Edited by sanjaysutar

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

With regard to your query, for Zoom Line Chart,

The XML structure is as below:

<chart ...>

<categories>

<category .../>

</categories>

<dataset>

<set ...>

</dataset>

<dataset> ...</dataset>

</chart>

Where, <categories> represents an X-Axis labels, <set> element represent the set of datapoints which to be plotted on the graph and <dataset> represent the number of data series (in your case 8 numbers).

Please note that Fusioncahrts does not support Number scaling in X-Axis as of now. It only takes the value as a string. So X-Axis labels can only be set through <categories> element like mentioned below:

Hence you can not write I was wondering how to write <set y='2.4' x='21' /> into x | y | x | y format.

However if you require, you can pass the X-Axis value as a string like: <categories>21|22|23</categories>

What if my series contains points whose x value is in the range of 0 to 2000, and I want to show X axis scale from 0 to 2000 with interval of 500 ?

>>FusionCharts ZoomLine chart does not have this feature as of now. You need to define manually the X-Axis values with the interval of 500.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

<chart ...>

<categories>

<category .../>

</categories>

<dataset>

<set ...>

</dataset>

<dataset> ...</dataset>

</chart>

Where, <categories> represents an X-Axis labels, <set> element represent the set of datapoints which to be plotted on the graph and <dataset> represent the number of data series (in your case 8 numbers).

Please note that Fusioncahrts does not support Number scaling in X-Axis as of now. It only takes the value as a string. So X-Axis labels can only be set through <categories> element like mentioned below:

Hence you can not write I was wondering how to write <set y='2.4' x='21' /> into x | y | x | y format.

However if you require, you can pass the X-Axis value as a string like: <categories>21|22|23</categories>

>>FusionCharts ZoomLine chart does not have this feature as of now. You need to define manually the X-Axis values with the interval of 500.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

In documentation it is mentioned that the format that you specified would take longer time to parse, since i have around 60000+ points to plot.

So i was trying to do it in x1|x2|x3........ format, which is faster to parse large amount of data points.

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

You are absolutely correct.

To use large amount of data, it is recommended to use compact XML/JSON format.

In Compact mode only the <category> and <set> element is replaced by their corresponding labels and values using dataseparator.

So, in compact XML/JSON format categories and datasets are defined in the following manner :

<categories>Label  1|Label 2|Label 3|Label 4|Label 5| ... </categories>
<dataset seriesName='Series 1' color='AFD8F8'>182|236|17|406|676|...  </dataset>
<dataset seriesName='Series 2' color='F6BD0F'>294|170|450|120|844|...  </dataset>

For more information on "ZoomLine Chart > Compact XML/JSON data", please follow the link below:

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?AttDesc/ZoomLine.html

I hope I am able to clarify myself.

Hi,

<chart ...>

<categories>

<category .../>

</categories>

<dataset>

<set ...>

</dataset>

<dataset> ...</dataset>

</chart>

Hope this helps!

Hi Sashibhusan,

Thanks for the response. Now I am concerned about the X-Axis scaling. Since Fusion charts does not have this feature. So how can i have points plotted on the basis of x and y co-ordinates ????

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

I am afraid, FusionCharts ZoomLine Chart does not support the feature of plotting the graph based on the X and Y Axis coordinates as of now.

Please note that ZoomLine Chart will plot the graph by taking the values of Y-Axis as numeric values and X-Axis labels as string.

However you can plot the graph according to X and Y coordinates using Bubble and Scatter chart of FusionCharts XT.

Hope I am able to clarify myself.