Sign in to follow this  
Armand du Toit

Multiple Links

Hi,

I'm using FusionCharts XT 3.2.2.

I am trying to configure a drill down chart. When a link is clicked, I want to open a new chart using "newchart-xml-???" in the link, but also call a custom javascript function when the same link is clicked. In other words, I would like to execute a javascript function passing it the linked chart id as soon as the linked chart has loaded.

I tried it using:

<chart>

<set label="aaa" value="111" link="newchart-xml-111 JavaScript: isJavaScriptCall=true; myJSFunction(111);" />

</chart>

or:

<chart>

<set label="aaa" value="111" link="newchart-xml-111" link="JavaScript: isJavaScriptCall=true; myJSFunction(111);" />

</chart>

Obviousy these methods do not work.

Could someone please advise me on how to do this? Is it possible?

Thanks!

Guest Bindhu

Hi,

If you want to call a custom JavaScript method when once the linked chart is rendered, then you may try using the 'LinkedItemOpened' event.

FusionCharts JavaScript class raises a number of events when LinkedCharts are in action.

Each link-invoking chart instance (that is, the parent chart) can listen to the events and can add more functionality to the implementation.

The events are as follows:

1. BeforeLinkedItemOpen : Fires before a LinkedChart item (descendant chart) is created

2. LinkedItemOpened : Fires after a LinkedChart item or descendant chart is created

3. BeforeLinkItemClose : Fires before a LinkedChart item or descendant chart is closed

4. LinkedItemClosed : Fires after a LinkedChart item or descendant chart is closed

Ref. Code:

FusionCharts("myChartId").addEventListener(
                 "LinkedItemOpened", function (eo, ao) { 
       	alert( 'Successfully drilled-down to a detailed chart.'); 
   	} 
 );

For more details on 'Creating LinkedCharts', please refer to the link below,

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/contents/?JavaScript/JS_LinkedCharts.html

Hope this helps !

Edited by Bindhu

Hi,

Thanks for the help. Funny thing is that I tried the same procedure late yesterday and it worked for me. Your post confirms that it is the way to do it.

Regards

Armand

Hi,

If you want to call a custom JavaScript method when once the linked chart is rendered, then you may try using the 'LinkedItemOpened' event.

FusionCharts JavaScript class raises a number of events when LinkedCharts are in action.

Each link-invoking chart instance (that is, the parent chart) can listen to the events and can add more functionality to the implementation.

The events are as follows:

1. BeforeLinkedItemOpen : Fires before a LinkedChart item (descendant chart) is created

2. LinkedItemOpened : Fires after a LinkedChart item or descendant chart is created

3. BeforeLinkItemClose : Fires before a LinkedChart item or descendant chart is closed

4. LinkedItemClosed : Fires after a LinkedChart item or descendant chart is closed

Ref. Code:

FusionCharts("myChartId").addEventListener(
                 "LinkedItemOpened", function (eo, ao) { 
           alert( 'Successfully drilled-down to a detailed chart.'); 
       } 
 );

For more details on 'Creating LinkedCharts', please refer to the link below,

http://docs.fusionch...nkedCharts.html

Hope this helps !

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Happy FusionCharting.:D