bubbler63

Great idea for labels

Hi, I use FusionCharts v3 and it's great! Keep up the good work!

One thing I ran into today was the labels. I wanted to display both % value and value, so something like this:

Available (23K), 23%

Unavailable (76K), 76%

Currently, i just have the label be "Available ($number)" and it prints out that automatically. It would be great if you had a system like...

%p = percent value

%n = numeric value

so I can make the label... "Available (%n), %p"

or even something like... "%n Available, that's %p!!"

And you can add more %[x] things if you can think of it. %c for color, i guess. it would show a cube with the color in it or something.

Hi Bubbler,

It's an interesting concept, but I think it's more of a shortcut for something you could do already quite easily by hand. I don't think there should be too much of this kind of logic in FusionCharts itself - that's what you're using PHP/.Net/etc for.

With the tooltips you can pass in whatever you like as a string, so you could just prepare the string beforehand in your serverside code and get what you're after. I've done the following myself in the past:

output.AppendFormat("", HttpContext.Current.Server.HtmlEncode(row["title"].ToString()), percent.ToString(), double.Parse(row["absolute"].ToString()));

This is leveraging the StringBuilder in .Net, of which "output" is an instance, but that's not important here. Note instead how the "toolText" attribute value is built out of both a percentage value (token 1), and the absolute value (token 2), separated with a hyphen.

This kind of thing will always be much more flexible in your application code, not the FusionCharts built-in logic.

Guest Rajroop

Hello :),

We are really excited to announce the release of FusionCharts for Flex v1.1 featuring the following:

- 12 new chart types: 7 new gauges including Angular gauge, LED gauge and Linear gauge, Spark chart and Bullet graphs have been added.

- All the gauges can fetch data in real-time and come with alert managers and message loggers.

- All the charts and gauges can now be natively exported as images and PDFs.

- The data for all the charts can be exported as CSV.

- Data sets can now have custom text labels instead of numeric values.

- The charts can handle a lot more events to help you manipulate them better.

- Trendlines can also have custom tool-text.

- Custom color palettes can be defined for the data plots.

Learn more about it from www.fusioncharts.com/flex and learn more on whats new from http://www.fusioncharts.com/flex/VersionHistory.asp.

Existing customers can upgrade to the new version from www.fusioncharts.com/PUC.