Sign in to follow this  
Dieter

Server Side Fusion Widget Rendering ?

Is there any support in FusionWidgets XT for server side chart rendering so that they can be included as images in a HTML page?

I saw that there is http://blog.fusionch...g-fusioncharts/ which seems great but I could not get this to work with FusionWidgets only with FusionCharts.

At the moment we have around 30 charts on one html page within a table (adobe flash player crashes when trying to display all data in one chart) and we would like to export the whole page to pdf.

Any hints appreciated.

Thank you,

Dieter

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Since http://blog.fusionch...g-fusioncharts/ is a third party tool and is not included the FusionWidgets charts SWFs, you are not able to use this tool for FusionWidgets as of now.

At the moment we have around 30 charts on one html page within a table (adobe flash player crashes when trying to display all data in one chart) and we would like to export the whole page to pdf.

>>Please note that "fcimg" tool is not supported for batch exporting of all 30 charts into a single PDF as of now.

And, regarding the Flash player crashing issue, could you please explain a bit more on the issue by stating the type of chart you are using and the maximum data points that you are providing to the chart?

Awaiting your response!

Edited by Sashibhusan

Hi Sashibhusan,

the crashing chart is a gantt chart with rougly 10 categories, 20 to 30 processes and 300 datapoints per process. The processes are agents in a callcenter and the categories are hours of day e.g. 15:00-16:00 to visulize at what time an agent is on the phone and off the phone. Gantt chart was the closes match we could find for this. Our customer wants to be able to mail this html report as an attachment.

We use linux and php mostly. Is there a way to force html5 rendering (without adobe flash) for gantt charts ? Then pdf exports might work.

Pdf generation of html is not an unusual requirement and to implement that server side jpeg generation should be supported by fusion charts. I believe I read in another post that you support this for .net or java. Is that right ?

Thank you,

Dieter

Hi,

Since http://blog.fusionch...g-fusioncharts/ is a third party tool and is not included the FusionWidgets charts SWFs, you are not able to use this tool for FusionWidgets as of now.

>>Please note that "fcimg" tool is not supported for batch exporting of all 30 charts into a single PDF as of now.

And, regarding the Flash player crashing issue, could you please explain a bit more on the issue by stating the type of chart you are using and the maximum data points that you are providing to the chart?

Awaiting your response!

Guest Sashibhusan

Hi,

Please note that for Gantt Chart the Maximum Data plot limit is 300-400 which may vary according to the machine configuration and usage of various features like Styles, Animation, Anchors, etc.

So It is recommended to plot the data points within the limiting value to get the better performance always.

We use linux and php mostly. Is there a way to force html5 rendering (without adobe flash) for gantt charts ? Then pdf exports might work.

>>I am afraid, Gantt Chart of FusionWidgets Pack does not support the HTML5 rendering as of now.

Pdf generation of html is not an unusual requirement and to implement that server side jpeg generation should be supported by fusion charts. I believe I read in another post that you support this for .net or java. Is that right ?

>>Please note that our developers have created a Server-side Image Saver Assembly that allows exporting charts as images without rendering it in the browser which works only on a .Net framework on Windows OS.

This Image Saver Assembly also works for Widgets to export the image at server without rendering in browser.