emesol0

Performance Tips For Multiple Charts In The Same Page

I've a JSP page with multiple charts on it (more than 3). On page load, I loop on all charts and render them and feed them with historical data, and each chart has it's own chart data provider (JSP page too) and they all have refresh interval of 1 minute. I noticed a performance issue because all the charts get their feed data at once (they all share the same JSP provider) which causes a slow performance on the whole page.

Is there a way to have the charts in a stack or something so that they call their provider in a synchronized way? I've learned that there are even listeners so that when a chart is rendered it can fire another javascript method, but is there a way to do this with chart feeding mechanism so that feeding is called in order instead of the same time?

thanks all!

Guest Sumedh

I've a JSP page with multiple charts on it (more than 3). On page load, I loop on all charts and render them and feed them with historical data, and each chart has it's own chart data provider (JSP page too) and they all have refresh interval of 1 minute. I noticed a performance issue because all the charts get their feed data at once (they all share the same JSP provider) which causes a slow performance on the whole page.

Is there a way to have the charts in a stack or something so that they call their provider in a synchronized way? I've learned that there are even listeners so that when a chart is rendered it can fire another javascript method, but is there a way to do this with chart feeding mechanism so that feeding is called in order instead of the same time?

thanks all!

Hi,

Can you provide live URL your of your illustration?

And how many data-points(data range) are you trying to plot?